Name for a mind reader?

So! I came up with a blurb for a superhero story in the Title and Blurb game, and I’m gonna use the character [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Tanwyn[/name_m] for a different story idea with the same superpower theme. The three biggest characters are:

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Tanwyn[/name_m] – son of pyrokinetic hero The [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u] ‘Ari’ [name_m]Donahue[/name_m] – villain sidekick, known as [name_u]Eclipse[/name_u]
??? [name_u]Ray[/name_u] – mind-reader hero, superhero name pending

Anyway, I chose all five names there for a reason:

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]: means happy or fortunate – [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is not a particularly lucky person, so it’s more of a joke
[name_m]Tanwyn[/name_m]: means white fire – rather self-explanatory, his father has fire-based powers
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]: though this means lion of [name_m]God[/name_m], it’s also one of Uranus’ moons
[name_m]Donahue[/name_m]: means dark fighter – [name_u]Ari[/name_u] has shadow-based powers, and, well, villain sidekick
[name_u]Ray[/name_u]: diminutive of [name_m]Raymond[/name_m], meaning wise protector – I mean, he’s a mind-reader, says it all really

I’d rather not break the pattern for the mind-reading hero, but I don’t like very many of the names fitting this theme – [name_u]Alfie[/name_u] and [name_u]Cato[/name_u] are good, but I already have [name_u]Ari[/name_u] and [name_u]Cato[/name_u] feels too short… and also I’d rather not have all two-syllable names – so I think I’m going to look for a longer name. I was considering something that fits ‘dark academia’, but that isn’t a dealbreaker.

I really love your name choices and styles! And [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is on my list too.
What about?
[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Beaumont[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]

1 Like

Okay, I actually settled on something without checking this – I’ve not had access to the computer for a while – and it’s actually kinda freaky because my choice actually ended up being [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]. Great minds think alike?

1 Like