Name for a redhead?

Our baby girl is due in 2 weeks and we’ve yet to settle on a name. We have a little girl named [name]Maggie[/name], so we’re looking for something in the same vein. I love all of the vintage, old-fashioned names, and we especially like [name]Ruby[/name]. But I’m a little worried that if she’s a redhead, it might be a little much. (My mom and I are both redheads.) What do you think? I’m thinking of going with [name]Ruby[/name], and then if she’s born with red hair, naming her [name]Georgia[/name], which we also love. [name]Do[/name] you think a redhead “[name]Ruby[/name]” would be overkill or she’d be made fun of, or do you think it would be cute and fitting? Any advice is much appreciated!

I personally love the name [name]Roux[/name] (roo) and it means “red” en francais. The only thing is it may also be a type of lard… lol, might want to check that. Also, I think [name]Ruby[/name] is adorable for a little redheaded girl! Good luck!

Thanks a bunch! [name]Roux[/name] is adorable, and I think [name]Ruby[/name] is starting to grow on me for a little redhead!

I think you have two really good choices!
If she does have red hair maybe you could do [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]?

I don’t know if it would be too much or not…I have a girl in my class with dark hair and her name is [name]Raven[/name]…no one teases her.

Is [name]Maggie[/name]'s full name [name]Maggie[/name], or is it [name]Margaret[/name]? I like [name]Ruby[/name] a lot with [name]Margaret[/name], but it has the same end sound as [name]Maggie[/name], so…

I could see a little red-head being named [name]Cassandra[/name] (beautiful classic!), [name]Gloria[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Sarah[/name] ([name]Sadie[/name]!), or [name]Cate[/name] (for [name]Catherine[/name]?).

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Maggie[/name] is her full name, and I do agree with [name]Ruby[/name] having the same end sound. Those are great suggestions!

It would be cute and fitting. I know a redhead named autumn and i always thought that was cute.

That’s great to hear. Thank you!

[name]Maggie[/name] is her full name, and I do agree with [name]Ruby[/name] having the same end sound. Those are great suggestions![/quote]

I love [name]Sarah[/name] with [name]Maggie[/name], and you can lighten it up with the [name]Sadie[/name] nickname! [name]Both[/name] [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Sarah[/name] say red-head (or blond or light brown) to me!

[name]Ruby[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name, and it is on my list to honor her, too. It is a great name, too.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Ruby[/name] is so cute. I wonder though if it would be too much for a redhead. It’s really idiotic, but apparently kids make fun of redheads sometimes. I think [name]Aurora[/name] nn [name]Rory[/name] would be very pretty. [name]Aurora[/name] means “dawn” which is very red and [name]Rory[/name] means “red king”. In this case [name]Rory[/name] could mean “red queen” if you want. Most people would not know the meaning of [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Rory[/name].

As a redhead yourself, would you mind being called [name]Ruby[/name]?? If the answer is no, maybe you shouldn’t be too quick to dismiss it? Maybe create a little poll for fellow red heads - either friends you know or on the net - see if they would mind being called [name]Ruby[/name]?

I think if you have a red head her name should be one of these

[name]Deidre[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile:

If you’re unsure about [name]Ruby[/name], an [name]Anne[/name] name—[name]Anne[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Anna[/name]–nickname [name]Annie[/name], also reminds me of a redhead because of [name]Little[/name] Orphan [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables. I think that [name]Anne[/name], nn [name]Annie[/name], with [name]Maggie[/name] is adorable!

You may also like [name]Rose[/name] as a first name.

I love [name]Susan[/name]'s idea of [name]Rory[/name], because it’s less overtly red than [name]Ruby[/name], which seems like a concern of yours. (I love [name]Ruby[/name], by the way.) You may also like [name]Ruby[/name], or even [name]Scarlett[/name], in the middle.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I actually know a redhead called [name]Ruby[/name] and she’s the cutest thing! As far as I know, there has never been an issue with her name and her hair and I think its adorably fitting!

Thanks so much for all of your feedback!

• I loooove [name]Rory[/name], but it happens to be my best friend’s husbands name, so I guess it’s out
  • [name]Annie[/name] is definitely high on our list. [name]Love[/name] it!
  • Would I mind being named [name]Ruby[/name] as a redhead? I don’t think so. I was called “[name]Woody[/name] Woodpecker” and “[name]Red[/name]” growing up, so I kids will poke fun of any kind of difference, regardless.

Lots of great advice. Thanks again!

[name]Annie[/name] is high on your list? Woo-hoo!!! And for what’s it’s worth (typo, but I think that “what’s it’s” has a special ring to it) :-), I love [name]Ruby[/name], too. :slight_smile:

Take care!

There’s a slim, slim chance my husband and I could have a redhead and we would be so thrilled. We love red hair. If I knew for sure my child would have red hair, I’d name her [name]Cassia[/name] (meaning cinnamon). I liked the [name]Aurora[/name]/[name]Rory[/name] nickname, but see how that won’t work for you. There’s alway the chance that she’ll be bald when she comes out, or that her hair could change color (I think that happens from time to time), so I think that whatever name you choose needs to work either way.

We have a little redhead named [name]Penelope[/name], and I was initially a bit worried that people would see her and say, “oh, a little copper [name]Penny[/name]”…but that hasn’t really happened. It’s a great redhead name, in my opinion! …I love [name]Ruby[/name], too. :slight_smile:

i like the names [name]Eva[/name], [name]Kate[/name], [name]Maya[/name], and [name]Gaby[/name], but thats just me,
i also really like roux, and ruby is really cute but i don’t know… it seems a little too much if she is a red head,

I love [name]Maggie[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] together!