Name for a Supernatural Hawaii

Yeah, that’s a weird title, but it was what I pulled out of my head.

Anyway, in my story the world ends: IE. all humans goes extinct. Now supernatural creatures has emerged and rules over the world. We’re talking dragons, fairies, elves, vampires, kitsunes, demons, angels, etc, etc. The story takes place in what used to be known as [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m], but has since been given a new name from the new inhabitants.

I’m looking for an exotic name that evokes the image of fantasy (and maybe oceans), though I don’t want something that’s really far out there or hard to pronounce. I really don’t have anything else in mind, and I’m open to you just throwing names at me that you think makes since. I know this is a weird request, but honestly, throw me everything you’ve got!!

Andrian, [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadna[/name_f], [name_m]Aristotle[/name_m], [name_f]Bethel[/name_f], [name_f]Calandra[/name_f], [name_f]Caledonia[/name_f], [name_u]Dove[/name_u], [name_m]Helios[/name_m], [name_f]Keiko[/name_f], [name_f]Leilani[/name_f], [name_m]Lucius[/name_m], [name_f]Lux[/name_f], [name_f]Margarita[/name_f], [name_m]Palmer[/name_m], [name_m]Paolo[/name_m], [name_m]Sven[/name_m], [name_f]Tova[/name_f], [name_m]Yuma[/name_m], [name_f]Zanna[/name_f], [name_f]Zelena[/name_f]

Maybe a lesser-known name that originates from mythology. Maybe the mythology that the being who named the area is from.

Have you looked into choosing something that is Hawaiian (the language) based? Or something derived from another Austronesian language family?

I don’t know much Hawaiian with the exception of Aloha, Mahi-mahi, Ohana and Mahalo. But it should be easy enough to do some research if you are interested in this.

I have a bit of knowledge on [name_m]French[/name_m] Polynesian given names so this is what I came up with (translations are approximations):
Moehau - peaceful sleep (something like this would be a cool way to refer to the apocalypse etc… the Moehua nui = Big Peaceful Sleep or something… or Ponui = big night)
Vairea = joyous water
[name_u]Poe[/name_u] = pearl

so maybe Vairea’poe could be [name_m]Hawaii[/name_m] or something like that.

It could be very interesting and give your story a new spin on a similar story line/story type.

I agree with @lexiem to look into names/words of Hawaiian and Polynesian origin (or whatever culture is part of their society- is the history of the Hawaiian Islands still the same and would their culture still be relevant?)
Here’s what I’ve found:
Kaimana- Hawaiian, meaning “power of the ocean”, (it can also be translated to mean [name_f]Diamond[/name_f])
[name_u]Kai[/name_u], Hawaiian, meaning “sea”
Kekoa- Hawiian, meaning “the brave one”
[name_f]Noelani[/name_f]- Hawaiian, meaning “heavenly mist”

Buana- Indonesian, meaning “the world”
Lestari- Indonesian, meaning “eternal, abiding”
Tirta- Indonesian, meaning “holy water”
Yuda- Indonesian, meaning “war”

Roimata- Maori, meaning “tear drop”
Whetu- Maoir, meaning “star”

If you dig around in Polynesian and Hawaiian culture/mythology, you’ll be sure to find something that works.

[name_f]Rochelle[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_u]Penrose[/name_u], [name_f]Asta[/name_f], Aderyn, [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Darina[/name_f], [name_f]Decima[/name_f], [name_f]Electra[/name_f], [name_f]Eira[/name_f], [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], [name_u]Leighton[/name_u], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

[name_m]Eli[/name_m], [name_m]Cael[/name_m], [name_m]Dion[/name_m], [name_m]Eoin[/name_m], [name_u]Gael[/name_u], [name_m]Gannon[/name_m], [name_m]Kaiser[/name_m], [name_m]Caesar[/name_m], [name_m]Keir[/name_m], [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]/[name_m]Renzo[/name_m], [name_m]Quinton[/name_m], [name_u]Roux[/name_u],

This is the best advice, and I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the Vairea’poe idea