Name for Baby #3 to go with Claire and Emmy

We’re expecting our third baby in [name_f]September[/name_f] and are trying to decide on a name for either a boy or girl (we’re going to be surprised). We have two little girls, [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]). We generally like traditional names, and want something that flows well alongside our girls’ names (include [name_f]Emmy[/name_f]’s nickname and full name).

For girls’ names, our favorites are [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (but I’m a little hesitant because of its popularity) and [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Cate[/name_f]). For boys, we like [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Nate[/name_m]), [name_u]Landon[/name_u], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Luke[/name_m]). We’ve also considered [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] for either gender but not sure if [name_u]Cam[/name_u]/Cami is too close to [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

If you have any favorites from that group that you think work best or any other suggestions please let me know - thanks!

[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m]

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] & [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] are pretty! I like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], but I kind of feel like it’s too close to [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. And [name_f]Cate[/name_f] is a little close to [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as well, even though I adore [name_f]Cate[/name_f] spelled that way. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is very popular, but. I think the nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] isn’t used as often as [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] if you liked that. [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] & [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] would be perfect.

Here are my thoughts on your boys-

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m]/Nate-Super handsome. Old fashioned yet fresh & works well on any age. [name_m]Nate[/name_m] is just charming, sporty & smart. I like it a lot. It fits in well w/your crew.

[name_u]Landon[/name_u]-This one doesn’t excite me. It’s just so trendy & over done that it’s made it uninteresting.

[name_u]Logan[/name_u]-Same as above.

[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]-Kind of same as above, although I like just [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. It seems more classic for some reason.

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]-This one isn’t my favorite, but it’s definitely more masculine in my opinion. And you’re right that [name_f]Cami[/name_f] is too close to [name_f]Emmy[/name_f].

A few more suggestions that you may like-

Girls-

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]/Annie

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Franny/Francie

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]/Ginny/Gigi/Vivie

[name_u]Holly[/name_u]

[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]

[name_f]Jane[/name_f]/Janie

[name_u]June[/name_u]/Junie

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]/Josie/Posey

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]/Lucy/Lulu

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]/Rosie

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]/Rosie

[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]/Sadie/Sally/Annie

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]/Vivie

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Boys-

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/Alex/Dex

[name_u]August[/name_u]/Augie/Gus

[name_u]Alden[/name_u]

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]/Ben

[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]

[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]

[name_u]Holden[/name_u]

[name_m]Louis[/name_m]/Louie

[name_u]Max[/name_u]

[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]/Max

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]

[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]/Nate

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]/Ollie

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/Theo/Teddy

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Hi-
Your girls names are very sweet. I agree w above posted that both [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Cate[/name_f] are similar to [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] would be the better choice of the two because the “ch” sound is different from the “c” sound in [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Cate[/name_f].
I’ll add the suggestions of:

Elizabeth nn [name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] nn [name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

For the boys I like [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] or [name_m]Lucas[/name_m]/Luke best, and think they both work well with your crew!

I think [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] or [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] works great with your girls. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Flora[/name_f] (Nickname [name_f]Florrie[/name_f]) for a girl?