Name for baby boy Castle

I am expecting a boy in [name]October[/name], and I can’t find a name that I am in love with. We can’t use my two favorite names because they don’t go with our last name, Castle. I love [name]Sanders[/name], my maiden name, but his nickname would end up being “Sand Castle”. I also love [name]Grey[/name], but “[name]Grey[/name] Castle” is one step away from White Castle! I would still like to use [name]Sanders[/name] or [name]Grey[/name] for a middle name though.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions for a first name! We have a daughter, [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Catherine[/name], and I have listed a few names on our list so you can get an idea of the style I like. I would like a preppy name that isn’t too popular and not too stuffy. Something that makes you smile! :slight_smile:
These are some things that we are considering:
[name]Cooper[/name] (another family name, but it seems too popular… it still puts a smile on my face though!)
[name]Sanders[/name] (can’t use because of last name)
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Clay[/name]
[name]Collier[/name]
[name]Grey[/name] (can’t use with last name…bummer)
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Ridley[/name]
[name]Parrish[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Forester[/name] (Grandfather was [name]Forest[/name])
[name]Jesse[/name] (Grandfather was [name]Jesse[/name] pronounced [name]Jess[/name])
[name]Greyson[/name] (don’t love it, but it would work [name]Grey[/name] in there)
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Finlay[/name] ([name]Finn[/name])
[name]Fielding[/name]
Fields
[name]Jensen[/name]

Thanks so much for any help!
:slight_smile: [name]Sara[/name]

I feel like you need either a one or three syllable name to balance Castle (great last name btw!).

[name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Dominic[/name]? It ‘feels’ the same as many of your choices, and [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Sanders[/name] Castle sounds good to me! (The only issue being the ‘c’ and the ‘C’ running together :confused: ) [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Dominic[/name] are good together too, imho. It’s also got great nn’s- [name]Dom[/name], [name]Nick[/name], I even knew a [name]Dominic[/name] who was very like his older brother (who went by their last name) and went by [name]Mini[/name], thus [name]Mini[/name]-LastName. It was very cute :slight_smile:

You could also try:
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Grey[/name] (I think this sounds fabulous!)
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]Gage[/name] [name]Sanders[/name]

I also like:
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Ross[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Shane[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] I helped! :slight_smile: And congratulations!!

I like [name]Grey[/name] and I think it’s okay with Castle, it’s a very strong, very memorable name.

I also love the name [name]Grey[/name] with Castle. I honestly had to look up what “White Castle” was…do you mean the restaurant? ( clearly im not american!) If so, i dont think the first thing people would think of when they see the name [name]Grey[/name] Castle was “Oh, they must love their hamburgers!”. To me [name]Grey[/name] Castle seems completely royal, preppy and super handsome. [name]Add[/name] in the middle name, [name]Grey[/name] [name]Sanders[/name] Castle and it only multiplies the feeling of royalty and preppiness!
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Thanks so much everyone! I have much more confidence to go on and use [name]Grey[/name].
I do love our last name, Castle, but I have just been scared to use it with some of my favorites. And yes, I was scared that they would associate [name]Grey[/name] Castle with White Castle, the hamburger restaurant! Lol!
[name]Sara[/name]

we named our son Castle (born oct 2009). we love that name, its a great name to have as a last name as well. the name gray/grey or grayson (playing w/the color and word “son”) are wonderful with Castle being a last name. best of wishes for a healthy son and easy birth.