Name for baby due in 6 weeks

• Felix
  • Miro
  • Jude
  • Bastian
  • Elio

0 voters

As many of you know, Felix is our top choice at the moment for this baby and I’d be surprised if we didn’t end up using it. My only reservation is its growing popularity. The other names in this poll are ones I love as well and ones that my partner could, possibly, be convinced of. He’s not at all attached to Felix and doesn’t seem to know what boys’ names he likes so this isn’t a coercive thing on my behalf at all. I just want to keep our options open.

Which of these is your favourite and why? Second favourite? Any other thoughts?

I’m interested in all opinions but I’d love to hear from any Australians especially, just due to familiarity with popular names here/trends etc.

Thank you so much. 6 weeks and I’ll stop posting about boys’ names! :joy:

1 Like

Go for [name_m]Felix[/name_m]! I don’t think it’s too popular here yet, having only just entered the top 100. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is my second favourite for you.

1 Like

I votes for [name_m]Elio[/name_m] which is a new love of mine, but I am equally in love with [name_m]Felix[/name_m] & [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. I feel like it’s underused and handsome.
I like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] but I can see that getting really popular over the next few years ( I’m in the UK and I know a couple). So if that bothers you, that is probably something to think about.

2 Likes

my favourite for you is [name_m]Felix[/name_m] but I love [name_m]Elio[/name_m] too!

1 Like

I personally love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] but I think you should go for [name_m]Felix[/name_m]!

1 Like

God all of these names are gorgeous! You can’t go wrong with any of them but I do think there’s no reason to get rid of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] - it’s such a gem :heart:

1 Like

You have a gorgeous list!

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] is so lovely- cheerful and bright

[name_m]Elio[/name_m] is so happy, [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] is charming and warm and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is gorgeous too

1 Like

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] is genuinely my fav, not just trying to make you decide haha
So close now!

1 Like

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] is my personal favourite from the list. I just love its spiky, quirky sound, long history and upbeat meaning. But I also really like [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_m]Miro[/name_m] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] (for you and in general).

1 Like

i’ve only known one felix but i think he will continue to climb just a little further up the charts. i love felix for you but my favourite would have to be jude ! jude is just so beautiful !!

1 Like

I adore [name_m]Felix[/name_m], and if you love it, i say go for it!

1 Like

[name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] are wonderful!

1 Like

Are you finding it’s becoming popular in [name_f]England[/name_f]? I’m just struggling with its growing popularity here. I want not to care so much because I love it for all of the reasons you listed. But today at work I had a [name_m]Felix[/name_m] in 3 of my classes - 3 different boys named [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. And then I discovered there are 16 kids in the school named [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. That’s quite a lot. There were far, far fewer Judes and no Elios (unsurprisingly). But maybe I shouldn’t let this bother me?

Personally, I don’t hear it anywhere near as much as Jude (which I also really like, by the way). I have only met one or two small Felixes, as well as a couple of others who were at uni with me, but otherwise I don’t hear it often IRL.

However, both Felix and Jude have quite a distinctive sound — they’re not likely to be mixed up with other similar names. I think that’s always worth taking into account as well when thinking about popularity.

It’s mainly the old-school nicknamey -ie ending names I hear a lot, like Archie, Alfie, Freddie, Bertie, Albie, Charlie, Ronnie, etc. Those kind of feel “of a kind” to me, so each name individually feels a bit less distinctive. Also lots of -o names: Arlo, Milo, Hugo, Theo, Leo, Otto…

If you like [name_m]Felix[/name_m], go with it.
Can’t control what other people do.
Use the name you love!

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] was my first choice followed by [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

1 Like

The tough part though is that I love [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and [name_m]Elio[/name_m] too, so I just don’t know!