Name for My Next Dog

I’m not looking to get a new dog just yet…but being a name lover, I am dreaming of all the possible names I would give to my new pet. Keep in mind that it will most definitely be a [name]Golden[/name] Retriever! The name choices are:

[name]Litzy[/name] - I’ve loved this name for years, but can’t use it on a child (since it rhymes with ditzy). So that leaves it as a pet name.

[name]Ginger[/name] - [name]Love[/name] the name [name]Ginger[/name], and my niece and nephew want to call her [name]Gigi[/name].

[name]Autumn[/name] - I am beginning to lean away from this one, but I do think it would be cute on a [name]Golden[/name].

[name]Rosie[/name]

[name]Harper[/name]

Which one would you choose?

I like your choices, so it is hard to say. I like your [name]Litzy[/name]. I believe in giving to pets names you love but wouldn’t use for a child for various reasons. On these grounds I have had an [name]Ophelia[/name] and a [name]Jezabel[/name]. Other choices:

[name]Ginger[/name]: Geesh, I sound like baby name maven, but this name is wildly popular – at least for dogs. [name]Just[/name] because I’m a name lover, I’d look further afield. I do think [name]Gigi[/name] is adorable. I did a little research and found it is short for [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Georgina[/name], [name]Georgette[/name], [name]Gilberte[/name], or my favorite, [name]Giselle[/name]. [name]Gigi[/name] isn’t all that unusual for dogs, :slight_smile: but still an adorable classic.

[name]Autumn[/name]: Beautiful name, but a little difficult as a call name. Try calling it as if your dog were lost, and you will see what I mean. The soft ending, which is what makes it pretty, just fades away. I agree the image works well with a [name]Golden[/name].

[name]Rosie[/name]: Cute. Easy to call. Hugely popular in the dog world just now. If you go to dog parks, expect five dogs to come running when you call “[name]Rosie[/name]!”

[name]Harper[/name]: Very cute. Not too popular (yet) for dog or child. If you love this name, this is a good chance to use it. I like it. It seems just a little sophisticated (as a dog name choice), but not pretentious or weird.