Name for second daughter- Skylar or Charlotte???

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like better?

Respondents: 40 (This poll is closed)

• Skylar Louise : 8 (20%)
  • Charlotte Louise: 33 (80%)

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Louise[/name], definitely! [name]Charlotte[/name] is fairly popular right now, but no more so than [name]Lillian[/name] is, and [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are perfectly matched for each other stylistically! [name]Skylar[/name] is trendy and will be easily dated, imo. It is a very cute name, but I think it’s just one of those names that if someone saw your daughter’s name in the middle of a list of people of all ages, they would probably assume she was born around 2012, kwim? It’s just one of those trends that I don’t think is going to stick around. [name]Charlotte[/name], though, has staying power and is so versatile! She could be the more tomboyish [name]Charlie[/name], the more spunky and sweet [name]Lola[/name], the vintagey [name]Lottie[/name], or even something like [name]Ari[/name], [name]Char[/name], [name]Arlo[/name], [name]Harlow[/name], etc. She could even be just [name]Charlotte[/name], I think. It’s perfect.

[name]Lily[/name] and [name]Skylar[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Skylar[/name] could work, but [name]Lillian[/name] is so timeless and girly, in an understated way (imo, anyway), and [name]Skylar[/name] has masculine origins and is a trendier spelling (the original is the Dutch [name]Schuyler[/name], which is usually reserved for boys still).

I would be so impressed and happy to meet two little girls named [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]! They’re so sweet together.

Good luck!

Definitely [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Louise[/name] with [name]Lily[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are lovely, feminine, classic names. While I do like [name]Skylar[/name], I think it is mismatched with [name]Lily[/name], as it is a more trendy/unisex name.

I agree with [name]Ash[/name]. While I like [name]Skylar[/name], I do feel it’s a trendier name. [name]Charlotte[/name] is a timeless name in my opinion, plus there’s so many nicknames to use to take the names in any direction you’d like. I do think [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name] would be cute, even [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] would be amazingly sweet. As they age if they want to fall back on their more proper names, they have that option. I love that [name]Charlotte[/name] is so versatile. I think for those reasons that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is the better name :slight_smile: Good luck!!

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] with [name]Lily[/name] - better style match. Beautiful names! Anyway, I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Louise[/name] sounds better than [name]Skylar[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

I couldn’t choose! [name]Skylar[/name] makes [name]Lily[/name] feel more modern and spunky whereas [name]Charlotte[/name] keeps it in tradition, both of which I love! I think that [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Louise[/name] flows just the tiniest bit better than [name]Skylar[/name] [name]Louise[/name] however.

I second [name]Ash[/name]'s thoughts. I like [name]Skylar[/name] ok, but [name]Lillian[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are made for one another.