Name help for first baby girl -- due Nov.

I wrote a few weeks ago with a specific name, [name]Evangeline[/name], but this time I just want some ideas. Some background: we still love [name]Evangeline[/name], but had some misunderstandings. My husband got the impression I didn’t love it as much as he did, and he moved on. Now we are back to “should we use it?” Perhaps we will, but it seems like my husband now has something against it. I don’t really understand. And in any case, before we do use it, we want to be sure that it is THE name. I’m sure you know the feeling.

We are looking for a very feminine name that travels well (my husband is [name]German[/name], I am from the US, and we live on the [name]German[/name]-Polish border). Can you give us some ideas?

Here are some other ideas as to our taste:

• we are not so into “old lady” names (for our own kids…they are lovely though), with only one or two exceptions, like [name]Estella[/name]
    • no P names, and we want to avoid M and R names (too matchy)
    • our son’s name is [name]Rafael[/name]. We are trying to change it to [name]Raphael[/name], but don’t know yet if this will go through.
    • middle name could be [name]Elspeth[/name]. This is a special idea for us, but not a must.
    • older obviously [name]German[/name] names, like [name]Annaliese[/name] and [name]Hannelore[/name], are lovely, but they would be too dated here.

Names that have been tossed around
[name]Evangeline[/name], obviously, but for some reason h is now uncertain
[name]Antonia[/name] (h disagrees – “it comes from a man’s name”)
[name]Salome[/name] (h disagrees – too “foreign”-- Huh? I guess he thinks this is more of a Middle Eastern name? [name]Don[/name]'t understand)
[name]Helena[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name] but prob. cannot use, we have close friends with a young daughter this age)
[name]Octavia[/name] (h disagrees – “in this part of the world it is the name of a car” – he is right, which makes me so mad. Stupid car name!)
[name]Magdalen/name (like, but we are avoiding M names)
[name]Susannah[/name] (my sister’s name, cannot use)

The ONLY name my husband has suggested of his own initiative is [name]Friederike[/name] ([name]Free[/name]-der-ee-keh), which is kind of too much of a mouthful to me. I feel it’s awkward, and I don’t think it will work well in the US.

So please – any suggestions?

Adalena
[name]Alda[/name]
[name]Alida[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Lorelei[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Sabina[/name]
[name]Sapphira[/name]

GL!

I love [name]Evangeline[/name] (it is very feminine and beautiful) my second choice would be [name]Helena[/name]. Some other names that might work in Germany/US that I think are quite pretty are:

[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Emaline[/name]
[name]Freida[/name] (as a shorter name thank Fredericke)
[name]Giselle[/name]

I really like [name]Sabine[/name] too.