name help/how did you 'know' you picked the right name?

Hello,

So I am currently torn between the following names…

[name]Adriana[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] (ah-dri-ah-na)

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]

Which do you like and why?

[name]How[/name] popular do you think the name [name]Adriana[/name] is?

• I don’t want a name that is VERY popular. I like [name]Addie[/name] as a nickname. I don’t like [name]Julie[/name]/[name]Julia[/name] as much for a nickname, although as a full name I really like it, and know its probably a little less popular than [name]Adriana[/name] although since most people when meeting a [name]Juliana[/name] would shorten it to [name]Julie[/name]/[name]Julia[/name] which are popular names, do you think the ‘popularity’ levels of [name]Adriana[/name] vs [name]Juliana[/name] are equivalent?

I am aware there is a model called [name]Adriana[/name] Lima, is this association so strong that it is always thought about?

Also, how did you know you picked the right name? If I keep contemplating this much over it, is it the wrong choice? Is it a matter of just committing to a decision? Did you feel an overwhelming feeling like ‘this is right’, I’m just not getting there no matter how much I search…

First of all, both names are absolutely gorgeous-- you can’t go wrong either way! Neither of them are very popular at all, but if you want to look up the numbers you can find it at the ssa.gov website.

[name]Adriana[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]: This is really pretty. One problem, though: I know an [name]Adriana[/name], and it’s always pronounced incorrectly, like ay-dree-ah-na. This probably depends on where you’re living, though. Also, I think [name]Addy[/name] is becoming very trendy with the rise of [name]Addison[/name] (yuck). I don’t think the model is a problem.

[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]: I love the [name]Julia[/name] names! [name]Juliana[/name] is one of my favorites. I also know a [name]Juliana[/name], and it’s always pronounced ju-lee-anne-a, as opposed to ju-lee-[name]AH[/name]-na-- I don’t know which one you prefer. I really don’t think she’d ever be called [name]Julie[/name] or [name]Julia[/name]-- first of all, both are separate names on their own; second of all, [name]Julie[/name] is very dated, so most people would shy away from that on a baby.

Sorry, I can’t help you about ‘knowing’ the right name, since I’m [name]WAY[/name] far away from having kids. I don’t think everyone just ‘knows’, though-- many parents don’t pick their baby’s name until after they’re born.

Good luck!

I like both of them. [name]Juliana[/name] is my [name]SIL[/name]'s name and I don’t think anyone ever tries to call her [name]Julie[/name] or [name]Julia[/name], FWIW.

As far as knowing it’s right, with our son we were very happy to find a name that we agreed on that we knew it must be meant to be. I had no doubts. I’m not having that “click” this time around, but we have a few we like well enough. It helps to try out saying and writing the name, talking to yourself, and other crazy things to see what you really think. Good luck.

Also, how did you know you picked the right name? If I keep contemplating this much over it, is it the wrong choice? Is it a matter of just committing to a decision? Did you feel an overwhelming feeling like ‘this is right’, I’m just not getting there no matter how much I search…

[name]Juliana[/name]! SO pretty!

[name]How[/name] I knew: My baby kicked all the time, but as soon as my husband would touch my belly, he stopped, [name]EVERY[/name] time! Then one day, he called him “[name]Dash[/name]” and he kicked him, really hard! [name]Ever[/name] since that day, my husband insisted that his name was [name]Dash[/name]. I still didn’t really like it, but he was sure enough for the both of us. Then one day his full name just came to me, out of the blue. And there it was, couldn’t change it anymore… it was sort of like he chose his own name.

I knew with [name]Heidi[/name] because from the moment it came into my head, every other name sounded boring or wrong. And then the more I thought about it the more it began to ‘fit’.

Also, when I realised nothing anyone said about the name could change my opinion of it I knew I had found ‘the one’.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps

For our daughter (born in 08) we had to see her before we could pick a name. We also didn’t know boy/girl so we would have had to see the baby regardless!! I love her name and it has a lot of meaning to me but I feel like her nickname fits her more than her first name (plus her first name is way too popular for me), so maybe we didn’t pick right! For our second (4 days overdue at this point…) we’re attempting to have finalists for names picked out! We’ll see though, we change our mind every night!

I truly love the name [name]Juliana[/name]!!