Name Imagery Game

Hi Berries! Here with another fun topic for you all, this time about the feelings a combo evokes in you. Thank you @rosepip for giving me this idea! In a Rate the User [name_m]Card[/name_m] thread, she (is that right?) wrote a little bit about the colors and overall ‘vibes’ of my combos. I’ll include an example:

My combo: [name_f]Astra[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
Description: “dark purple, mostly, but a little pastel pink too- stargazing on a roof”

Does that make sense? So the the first poster gives a name or combo, and the following person just does a stream of consciousness, color/nature/character imagery, whatever they feel when they look at the name. It’s open to interpretation, so challenge yourself to describe even a combo that you don’t like at all! Let me know if this is too confusing, lol, I’ll edit.

First combo:

Genevieve [name_u]Starling[/name_u]

5 Likes

Ooh I love this idea!

Genevieve is sort of a rose color to me, somewhere between pink and red, and [name_u]Starling[/name_u] is dark, it makes me think of a forest at night. So together I’d say this combo feels like a forest at the moment sunset fades into twilight!

Next combo: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u]

Rose [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] is shades of gold, rose gold, and deeper red. It’s shiny and reflective, and makes me think of a golden pin, like a brooch, shaped like a rose. For scenery, I picture a girl laughing while running through a field of wheat at sundown, long hair flying out behind her in the pink/gold colors of sunset.

Next combo: [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] [name_f]Summer[/name_f]

Oh, I love this idea! I’m so glad you liked my vibes (and yes, she/her!).

Mattie [name_f]Summer[/name_f] is very pale ivory and cream with a bit of warmer yellow, maybe splattered with mud from running around outside with friends. I can see a group of friends hanging out in the tallest boughs of a tree in the ungodly hours of the morning as the sun begins to stream down through the leaves.

Persephone [name_f]Delphi[/name_f] [name_f]Nyx[/name_f]?

1 Like

Persephone [name_f]Delphi[/name_f] [name_f]Nyx[/name_f] is the deep blue of the middle of the Mediterranean, the feel of a summer night on the sea, wasting away the early morning hours. It’s the celestial moments before we fall asleep, where the night of the world and the day of our minds collapses into one.

Atticus [name_m]Thiago[/name_m]?

2 Likes

Atticus [name_m]Thiago[/name_m] is the light and the dark. The hunter green of forest leaves, the yellow-green of dying grass in the summertime, the light blue of a bubbling waterfall. He reminds me of [name_m]Diego[/name_m] - [name_f]Dora[/name_f]’s older cousin - brave, intelligent, and unwavering. A young boy, older brother to two sisters, doing farm chores in the summertime, when school lets out.

Margaret ‘[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]’

1 Like

Margaret nn [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] is bright green, summer fields, and noontime picnics, interspersed with the pale pink of ballet slippers and lip gloss. Tafetta, french braids, and a childhood obsession with fairies.

Elio [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]?

1 Like

Elio [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is golden and blue, like the sand and water at a beach. It’s warm and sunny, and I picture oceanside picnic and people laughing while running through the sand.

Lilah [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]?

Lilah [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] is blonde and blue, midnight and denim. Intelligent, bright, and beautiful, like a field of sunflowers. A loving, strong, caring older sister, who looks after child and animal alike. Quiet strength and a feminine nature, holding just enough mystery to keep people guessing. A bit like [name_f]Esther[/name_f] from ‘The Office’.

Ashley?

1 Like

Ashley is red apple trees and fields of white daisies. There is a girl with dark brown braided her and freckles. The air smells of apples.

Rowena [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

1 Like

Rowena [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is old books, fireplaces, and rain. She’s intelligent and can bring light to your darkest times. She’s a young woman with long auburn hair and green eyes. She has a personal library and loves to read with her cat in her lap.

Elliot [name_m]Ransom[/name_m]

Elliot [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] is navy blue, hunter green. Well read, but you’d never know it, tufted sofas and forest hikes. [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_m]York[/name_m] City apartment, family house in [name_m]Vermont[/name_m]. Kind of a paradox, this name, but the comfortable, fascinating kind.

Astrid [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]?

2 Likes

Astrid [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is creepers, vines, and flowers, climbing over the ancient walls of a castle tower. She is ancient and wise, yet fresh and young. A warrior girl, maybe a knight, very [name_u]Joan[/name_u] of [name_m]Arc[/name_m]-esque.

Ann [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

Ann [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a flowery meadow, a light blue dress with tufts, long, smooth hair, a smiling, polite face and good manners.

Rona [name_f]Hope[/name_f]?

Rona [name_f]Hope[/name_f] is the bright scarlet of flushed cheeks, of the girl quick to anger and even quicker to delight. It is the spontaneous maximalism of a world traveler, the bright yellow of the life of the party. The glow of streetlights never off and the party that lasts all night.

Daisy [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

Daisy [name_f]Stella[/name_f] is starry-eyed and floral, wearing flowy dresses and dancing in wide fields. She lives for the yellow-green of drying grass in the summer, and the sparkle of constellations on a hot night. [name_f]Remarkable[/name_f], fresh, young, with the force of a midsummer thunderstorm.

Philomena [name_f]Ione[/name_f]?

1 Like

Philomena [name_f]Ione[/name_f] is pink cotton candy clouds, running through fresh trimmed grass barefoot, ladybugs on noses, rope swings and lemonade on a warm day. Ready to take on whatever is thrown at her, [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] is very independent but caring.

Adelaide [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]

Adelaide [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] is the purest pink of a childhood tea party, the yellow and cream of ribbons on a brand-new dress. The rosy color of saint-like kindness, and the faded pastels of someone who doesn’t take anything too seriously. A wonderful friend, a dream of the countryside, a book of etiquette, and a cotillion glove.

Cassian [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]?

2 Likes

Cassian [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is adventurous and wild but polite and gentle at the same time. He loves to play pirates with his spyglass and his loyal dog at his side. The name evokes oceans and old-fashioned wooden ships, golden compasses and pocket watches on chains. [name_u]Freedom[/name_u] and adventure, but a refined side of manners and respect.

Lucy [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]?

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] reminds me of a rambunctious scamp who loves to play at the jungle gym. She is daring, bold, fast, but also very caring that she can save her loved ones from any accidents and injuries before they occur. Her name is a mix of lilac and maroon. She has strawberry blonde hair and hickory eyes.

[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f]?

1 Like