Name patterns

I noticed that the flow of the most names I find the prettiest follow this pattern:

First name - 3 syllables with emphasis on the 2nd syllable

Middle name - 2 syllables with emphasis on the 2nd syllable

For some reason, to me it rolls off the tongue when paired. For example:

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Marina[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

Does anyone else feel this way? Have you found any beauties?

3 Likes

I definitely have a preferred syllable flow when it comes to naming… if it doesnt flow it just doesnt feel righr

1 Like

Ooh, I see what you mean: those are lovely.

For me personally, I’m a huge fan of light three syllable firsts with middles that have diphthongs/”complex” vowels:

[name_f]Ophélie[/name_f] [name_m]Wilder[/name_m]

[name_f]Sereia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Marian[/name_f] [name_f]Loveday[/name_f]

[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_m]Scout[/name_m]

[name_f]Fernanda[/name_f] [name_f]Briar[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_m]Fox[/name_m]

2 Likes

[name_m]Not[/name_m] a syllable count but I had a few names when trying to figure out our daughters name that ended up having a pattern

[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

All shared ea letters … and than my husbands name starts with a C and my name is an A … so ABCDE …

We ended up breaking the patterns and went with [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]

1 Like

Those are some really lovely combos! I have noticed in the past that I really liked combos that were 3-3-1 in syllable count, though in general I don’t think that’s stuck around (at one point [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] & [name_f]Arianne[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] were my two favorite names!). My list is much more varied now, but if anything maybe 3-2-1 or 2-3-1 or 4-2-1?

  • [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Rahab[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Maris[/name_f] [name_f]Endellion[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Hero[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Alba[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] [name_f]Wren[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Lux[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Amias[/name_m] [name_m]Frederic[/name_m] [name_m]Grey[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] [name_m]Rigel[/name_m] [name_m]Grey[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Theophile[/name_m] [name_m]Grey[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Cedar[/name_m] [name_m]Elisha[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] [name_m]Valo[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]
1 Like

Ooh I like your syllable count, they all flow so well! Personally I like strong 3 syllable firsts with snippy 1 syllable middles. My son is, [name_m]Kaladin[/name_m] [name_m]Rhys[/name_m]. My favorite girls names are [name_f]Juniper[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f] and [name_f]Elowyn[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

2 Likes