Name Sage: If Margot is out

Oh gosh!!! So sorry this happened to you. I’m positive you will find the perfect name!

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
[name_u]Marian[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] nn [name_f]Esty[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Jolene[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_f]Carol[/name_f]
[name_f]Donna[/name_f]
[name_f]Gladys[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]
[name_u]Holly[/name_u]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]

I love the idea of using [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] as the first name or putting [name_f]Margot[/name_f] in the middle spot!

I love Abby’s suggestions of [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], & [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Some other suggestions:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
Jane/Jayne
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]

Loving your suggestion of [name_f]Zelda[/name_f], [name_u]Abby[/name_u]!

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is the first name that came to mind but here’s a few more options (any repeats are seconds):

[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Vita[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Thomasin[/name_f]
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Hester[/name_f]
[name_f]Dodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Bel[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] wildcard is [name_f]Djuna[/name_f] - a vintage gem that’s slightly more out there than [name_f]Margot[/name_f] but definitely worthy of a revival :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I like all of Abby’s suggestions, I’d also like to through in the idea of [name_u]June[/name_u]! [name_u]June[/name_u] definitely falls into the everyone-knows-it-without-being-a-super-classic category. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] might also strike your interest as well. Maybe [name_f]Polly[/name_f]?

Best of luck!

[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] seems perfect!
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Clover[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]

I just named my daughter [name_f]Margot[/name_f], so I like your taste!

Here are some I considered too:
Madeline/Madeleine
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_f]Maren[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Geneva[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] ideas are
[name_f]Meghan[/name_f]
[name_f]Margery[/name_f] (I like this spelling better)
[name_f]Harlowe[/name_f]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u] (why the last two names I have no idea ,not great fans of them but they do give me a similar vibe to what you were looking for in Margot). or if you have already picked a middle name like [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] simply reverse it to [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

Madge
Marion
Therese
Lark
Claudie
Elodie
Clementine
Mollie
Evelina
Clare or Clara
Joplin
Maudie
Florence
Harriet
Elspeth
Louise
Eloise
Cora
Beatrix/Beatrice
Isobel
Isadora
Gemma
Calypso
Daphne
Sybil
Verity
May
Marina
Betty
Darcy
Iris
Alma
Penelope
Audrey
Frances
Madeleine/Madeline
Catherine
Caroline
Felicity
Theodora
Dorothy/Dorothea
Faith
Jean
Kate
Laura
Vivian
Isabeau
Lottie
Marlowe

are my picks you can use margot as a mn like @Asherose said

Loved the suggestion of [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]!
Wanted to suggest [name_f]Maude[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], and [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] from the list. The first thing that came to mind for me was [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] - it gives off the same sweet yet strong and slightly [name_u]French[/name_u] vibes as [name_f]Margot[/name_f] to me!

[name_f]Maris[/name_f] or [name_f]Maura[/name_f]

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] nn [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Hear me out if you really love [name_f]Margot[/name_f] this is an option. You could name her [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and call her [name_f]Margot[/name_f] at home and you’ll also have lots of other nickname options so you can use for a few interchangeably. It won’t be super obvious and it’ll be perfectly acceptable imo.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] hopped on to say I looove all of Abby’s suggestions and lots of the ones on this thread :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: …right up my street!! [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Ida[/name_f] popped into my head but both are little more soft/ sweet sounding than strong [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

1 Like

If they really love Margot, maybe using another spelling would be enough to differentiate from his coworker’s daughter. Margaux or Margeaux? Otherwise I’m thinking maybe another name with the “Mar” sound (which I also love).

Marlena
Marlene
Margaret
Marjorie
Martha
Marta
Mara
Amara

ETA: Marlowe

I was going to suggest [name_f]Marnie[/name_f]! It’s hard to suggest when you don’t know people’s surnames… If you’re going for names that sound like [name_f]Margot[/name_f], how about [name_u]Marlo[/name_u]? I also like the idea of keeping [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as a middle name, if you love it. You can keep that detail from your boss and still keep the name you love! I also like the spelling [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]. [name_f]Mabelle[/name_f] has been a long time favourite. Enjoy picking your new name.

1 Like

So many great suggestions. The one name that I haven’t seen mentioned yet but immediately came to my mind is Fern.

Also Lois. :heart: I rarely see her mentioned anywhere yet I think she is a perfect example of this style of name.

Ooh and Frida!

@TDFM I spoke too soon! Lovely to see I’m wasn’t alone in thinking of Fern. :slight_smile:

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought is [name_f]Marnie[/name_f]! I also think [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], [name_f]Opal[/name_f], and [name_f]Frida[/name_f] all have similar vibes.

The first two that jumped to mind are:

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] – my top choice of the two

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] is beautiful! I especially love seeing [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] used – so underrated.

1 Like

As a replacement to [name_f]Margot[/name_f] & sister to [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] I like these the best :blush:
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]