Name Sage: If Margot is out

How about [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]?

Loved Abby’s suggestion of [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]! I know it’s got a reputation as sounding a little old-ladyish or harsh, but I think it’s sweet and so ready for a come back.

Most of my thoughts have already been posted:
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
I think they’d all wear well on both a child or adult. [name_f]Kate[/name_f] especially I think is short and strong and would go well as a sibset with a future [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], though perhaps it’s more CEO than artist?

I also wonder about [name_u]Josie[/name_u] or [name_f]Valerie[/name_f]? [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] ia a totally different feel to [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], but I think quite similar to [name_f]Margot[/name_f] in some ways, and would tick most of the important boxes.

1 Like

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or Margery/Marjorie

SO MANY wonderful suggestions.

I would definitely use [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] ( or Margot) as a middle name and occasionally call her by the pet name [name_f]Margot[/name_f] at home so she know that it was a name you loved and had hoped to use. Perhaps at some point in her life she will decide to go by that name.

One suggestion stood out to me the name, [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]. I could imagine [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], nicknamed [name_f]Amie[/name_f] (or [name_f]Mellie[/name_f] or Millie.)
Some other suggestions…
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], nicknamed [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], nicknamed possibly [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]

Going with the idea of names similar to [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I could imagine the following as sisters……
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]

To further expand my post about using the name [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] or [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] Margot…

You could at home affectionately call her by a double barrel name such as: [name_f]Amie[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Mellie[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] or [name_f]Millie[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f]

I also have loved [name_f]Margot[/name_f] for a long time, and would have seriously considered it for my first child, but when I was pregnant, I was working with a terribly mean woman named [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] bad timing, as she was the first I had ever personally known!! It tainted the name for me forever.

Some others I love with a similar feel, to me:
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]

I feel like because there’s a French air to this name, perhaps a French-inspired name would be up your alley. Here’s a few of my favorite short names in that vein.

My top favorite choice might be “Manon” as a substitute, a name derived from Marie. It has that strong O ending, the French inspiration, and it sounds cute but also strong. If the pronunciation seems awkward in American English, I’m also a fan of Ninon. I also like the Irish [Maeve] (or its French-Tahitian variant [Maeva] that means “Welcome”).

[Aline] like Aileen but brief and elegant
[Leone]
[Renée] sounds so elegant
[Edith] sounds young again
[Simone] that strong ‘o’ ending, feminine and classic

Some left-field choices:
[Gertrude] A classic that should come back
[Germaine] I think it’s a lovely name personally
[Rosamund] is so melodic, can be “Rose” or “Rosie” for short

Popular options that might appeal:
[Elise]
[Elodie] an attractive alternative to Eloise
[Elöise] very cute but very popular
[Esther] super popular but eternally classic

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilibet[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Alberta[/name_f]

I have the impression that names ending in -a aren’t as attractive to [name_u]Holly[/name_u] & her husband, so a number of names I’d normally suggest wouldn’t work. But here are a few that are or feel [name_u]French[/name_u], seem appropriate for any age, &/or are two syllables:

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Silvie[/name_f]
[name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilou[/name_f]
[name_f]Maëlys[/name_f]
[name_f]Sirene[/name_f]
[name_f]Solange[/name_f]
[name_u]Laurel[/name_u]
Miren/Mirren

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] is on my own list. I have similar style in names. [name_u]Strong[/name_u] and feminine but not frilly.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] works well on an artist and a CEO, young or old. (I’m 1000% partial as it is my own daughter’s name)

Other names I like that fit this model for me…
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_f]Margot[/name_f] has king been one of my favorites too. I second the Name Sage’s suggestion of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f].

Here are some alternative ideas…

[name_f]Helena[/name_f]

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]

[name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]

[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]

[name_f]Marina[/name_f]

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]

[name_f]Maude[/name_f]

[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]

[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]

[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]

[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]

[name_u]Camille[/name_u]

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

[name_f]Marisol[/name_f]

[name_f]Bryony[/name_f]

[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]

[name_f]Manon[/name_f]

Good luck!

[name_f]Esme[/name_f] totally gives me the same feeling as Margot!!

I would suggest:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]