Name Sightings (Part 2)

I saw birth announcement sign for a baby boy named [name_m]Hidde[/name_m].

8 Likes

Aubryn, Mitzi, and Natalyn on the personnel list for my new orchestra

8 Likes

i was watching a movie and saw a few gems…
alistair, araminta, eleanor, cassian, and astrid.

17 Likes

[name_m]Little[/name_m] boy named [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] [name_u]Banks[/name_u]!

20 Likes

[name_m]Conway[/name_m] (f). Older woman. [name_f]Sister[/name_f] is [name_f]Barbara[/name_f].

16 Likes

A little boy who was “just” [name_u]Eli[/name_u]!

I really love how it’s becoming more acceptable to use traditional nicknames as full names. I’m definitely a fan of parents using names they love, rather than the safe, more socially normal option (of course with the caveat that the name in question won’t be a burden on the child).

18 Likes

a Viking warrior female named Eadwyn on tv.

15 Likes

oh weird ? most of the people named eli i’ve known have been "just eli— " perhaps it’s different in the usa vs nz

18 Likes

A [name_u]Kit[/name_u] and a [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] in British [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Names’ birth announcements for last week :yellow_heart:

27 Likes

Hmm, I’ve met TONS of people named just Eli. Idk. Maybe it’s just 'cause I work at a Christian camp and am a pastor’s kid, but Eli is pretty common as a name by itself

4 Likes

Interesting!

Geographical thing then. I’ve met well over 10 Elijah’s but never an [name_u]Eli[/name_u] (until now). @fiddlesticks @EllieWilbury

2 Likes

A [name_f]Mahalia[/name_f] at the store!

13 Likes

a little girl named Brianna Winifred Jean

she was the daughter of a coworker of my dad’s, also one of the first kids I’ve met with two middles!

11 Likes

also, not a new name sighting, but one of my best friend’s name is Edward Henry “Ed” and he has sisters Penelope Laine “Penny” and Charlotte Willa “Lottie”

16 Likes

[name_u]Eli[/name_u] has its own separate etymological origin, but I do meet a lot of children with nicknames as whole names!

3 Likes

I met a little girl named: [name_f]Serenity[/name_f]

9 Likes

(@regionlatbest) From the probably hundreds of episodes of Match Game I’ve seen, I think this was the first I saw that had [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] as a character name!

Spotted a [name_u]Teale[/name_u] in the credits of a movie!

5 Likes

Someone I know just has her third girl [name_f]Elle[/name_f]. Sisters are [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Demi[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Elle[/name_f] is so sweet

19 Likes

People in their late teens called…
[name_u]Carter[/name_u] (g)
Sapana
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_f]Virág[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] (g)
[name_m]Tre[/name_m]
[name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m]

Also a preteen [name_u]Austin[/name_u] and a middle-aged woman called [name_f]Helia[/name_f]!

9 Likes