Name sightings (Part 1)

I recently met twins named [name]Aleah[/name] & [name]Alexa[/name]. I think those names are way too matchy together, but I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Aleah[/name]!

I work for an organization whose customer base is over 80,000 so I get to see a lot of names. Recently I came across someone w/the first and middle names ofā€¦

Teklewood Hilemariam

No joke. Itā€™s a real name.

Iā€™m in the U.S. btw.

I was at the grocery store and saw a family with three daughters named [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Riley[/name], and [name]Lindsay[/name]. I thought the sibset was cute! Iā€™m sure the cuteness level of the girls helped, haha! All of them had sandy blonde hair, hazel eyes, and freckles!!!

Teklewood. :? Interesting.

Siblings named [name]Maya[/name] and [name]Hugo[/name]-- [name]Hugo[/name] isnā€™t one you see very much in the US.

1 Like

I posted this on another page, but it fits better here. I work at a middle school and these are student names (about 12 years old).

boys:
Ehkhu (pronounced like [name]Echo[/name], but with an ā€œooā€ ending)
Omina
[name]Dimitri[/name]
[name]River[/name]
Erenest
Sebastin
Roshan
Abdirahman (Abdi)
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Amari[/name]
Anuar
Jathniel
Mahendra
[name]Javier[/name]
[name]Angel[/name]
Gaurav
Sheng
[name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Miguel[/name]
[name]Dax[/name]
[name]Armistead[/name]
[name]Rylan[/name]
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]

girls:
Assata
Djimie (ā€œdā€ is silent)
Sagal
[name]Ola[/name]
[name]Gabriela[/name]
[name]Tayla[/name]
Jetzabet
Narbada
[name]Ambria[/name]
[name]Nia[/name]
Hodan
Seble
[name]Gisselle[/name]
Pranthi
Najet
[name]Anu[/name] (short for something I canā€™t remember how to spell offhand)
Shaneil
[name]Jaslyn[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name] (accent over the ā€œiā€)

I also know a [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] who are a few years old and a sibset [name]Ocean[/name] and [name]Meadow[/name]. A twin pair in our play group are [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Brianna[/name]. Others in our play group are [name]Lula[/name] and [name]Elena[/name].

2 Likes

I donā€™t see young kids very often, but I do walk by a daycare centreā€¦

There was a little boy named [name]Tatum[/name] the other day, who was a cutie. Iā€™ll have to listen more closely now.

1 Like

I just had to come here and post-- one of my favorite authors just had twin girls. Their names are [name]Dinah[/name] and [name]Wren[/name]. :slight_smile: Iā€™m not terribly fond of either, but I think they make a lovely, refreshing set.

2 Likes

A friend of a friend is named [name]Travis[/name]ā€¦and itā€™s a girl.

1 Like

Wow, I canā€™t really picture [name]Travis[/name] on a girl :? Then again, I canā€™t picture Teklewood on anyone :lol: I heard a mom yesterday calling her son, [name]Trevin[/name], nn [name]Trev[/name]. I thought that was an interesting made-up combination of [name]Trevor[/name] and [name]Kevin[/name]. Also, she was pregnant and I overheard her telling someone her name picks for the new little one: [name]Callista[/name] for a girl or [name]Braxton[/name] for a boy. I hope itā€™s a girl :wink:

1 Like

I know a guy named [name]Trevin[/name], heā€™s probably in his twenties or something nowā€¦

Anyways I got to see some of my cousins that I hadnā€™t seen for awhile these are some of their kids names

[name]Oakley[/name] (g)
[name]Avery[/name] (g)
Evkha (g)
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Berkley[/name] (g)
[name]Brynlee[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name] (b)
[name]Roland[/name] ([name]Rollo[/name])
[name]Faron[/name] & [name]Patrin[/name]

Today on the bus I passed by a store called ā€œShamelaā€™s Hair Salonā€. I can only imagine itā€™s a really weird mix of [name]Pamela[/name] andā€¦ [name]Shaniqua[/name]? :lol:

I would not want my name to contain ā€œshameā€ or ā€œshamā€. :\

Feloniā€¦

Twins [name]Aiden[/name] and [name]Auden[/name]. [name]How[/name] horrible! When their mother was calling them I could hardly tell the names apart! Poor confused boys.

A friend of mineā€™s boys are : [name]Carlos[/name], [name]Alex[/name], and [name]Angel[/name]
and their little sister is [name]Fatima[/name]

1 Like

These adorable little girls named(not sisters) [name]Zhen[/name] and [name]Zuri[/name]!!

1 Like

Shamela is actually most commonly pronounced shuh-ME-luh. And making fun of names that are common in black culture is SO funnyā€¦?

6 Likes

Yesterday, at a pumpkin patch, I saw two sets of three sisters. The first one was [name]Grace[/name] and twins, [name]Madelyn[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name]. The second one was [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Alexis[/name], and [name]Lauren[/name]. Interesting mix of names, I thoughtā€¦

I was in the park recently and I heard a little one-year-old girl named [name]Hudson[/name]. There was a small baby girl named [name]Kai[/name] as well and another three-year-old boy named [name]Cameron[/name]. Honestly, the only one I like is [name]Cameron[/name]ā€¦

Oh, and a family friend recently had a baby boy named [name]Arthur[/name]. I think it is sooo cute. :mrgreen:

On weatherbug, today, I saw a little girl named Israella. I thought that was kind of pretty.

2 Likes