Name Style?

Not until last night (yea i know terrible huh?) did i realize that al of my definant names that i have no doubts about are seemingly the same type! It really made me rethink alot of the names me and my husband hadd chosen previously. I cant quite figure out what to call my type though. And so far i havnt found any names i like similar to the names we have. Can you tell me my name type???

[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Shiloh[/name]

Previously we had decided on names like [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], ext. And i didnt think they fit very well. I think those names all fit together well. WDYT?

Also names i like that hubby said no to include, [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], and [name]Priscilla[/name].

The style of each of your names, in my opinion :

[name]Everly[/name] - trendy.
[name]Alice[/name] - vintage.
[name]Adeline[/name] - vintage.
[name]Scarlett[/name] - vintage, sassy.
[name]Miranda[/name] - classic (not quite vintage).
[name]Shiloh[/name] - exotic (given a trendy factor by the Brangelina connection).

All are semi-feminine.

[name]Anastasia[/name] - feminine, exotic.
[name]Bridget[/name] - like [name]Miranda[/name].
[name]Priscilla[/name] - feminine, vintage.

Hello!

Let me see what I can do with your names to create a cohesive style. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] are clearly vintage names, yet both have the trendy A initial and have a comfortable, yet sophisticated, sound. They are fairly unusual yet not totally unheard of on a child. Then we can bring in [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], which, though they have a spunky, fresh sound in comparison to [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name], both have “vintage” ties as well. [name]Miranda[/name] is a Shakespearean name, and [name]Scarlett[/name], as we all know, ties to ‘Gone with the Wind.’ Finally, you bring in [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name], both names that are starkly different from your other choices for two reasons - (1) they are both considered trendy names, and (2) they are both unisex names. [name]Everly[/name] has the fun, relaxed -y ending and a surname feel, bouncing it straight into the trendy class of names, yet its more feminine nickname, [name]Evie[/name], has a decidedly vintage feel. [name]Shiloh[/name], a beautiful unisex Hebrew name meaning “gift,” is trendy because of celebrity association in the form of Miss [name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name]. So, you say that you think all of these names fit together well, and I wholeheartedly disagree with you. [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name] are in a class so very separate from your other names, and though there are clear distinctions between the styles of [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name], all four names have a feminine, sophisticated, vintage feel that is lacking in both [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name].

Now let me address the names that you eliminated. Names like [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] (and [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emily[/name], etc.) actually [name]DO[/name] fit remarkably well in your name-set. [name]Olivia[/name], like [name]Miranda[/name], has strong roots in [name]Shakespeare[/name], whereas [name]Sophia[/name] is a classic favorite. [name]Both[/name] names have seen a massive increase in use because of their feminine sophistication and prettiness, yet they do fit in beautifully with your other names. Despite their popularity, I would never go so far as to classify [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] as “trendy” names; they are merely popular classic names.

For the names that your husband said no to - [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], and [name]Priscilla[/name] - we can also incorporate these names into your style. [name]Anastasia[/name] is a name seeped in tradition and regal style. You need only to turn to your history books or your Disney DVD collection to learn about [name]Anastasia[/name] Romanov, [name]Princess[/name] of [name]Russia[/name]. The name has the same elegant sophistication as [name]Alice[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], and [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Bridget[/name], too, is a historical name, as in [name]Bridget[/name] ([name]Brigid[/name]) of [name]Ireland[/name], one of the patron saints of the country whose feast day is traditionally the first day of spring in [name]Ireland[/name], February 1. Finally, we have [name]Priscilla[/name], a name with a harsh sound that still fits into the vintage class of [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name], especially. [name]Priscilla[/name] can be found throughout the Bible, yet its introduction to English literature through [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Spenser[/name]'s “The Faerie [name]Queen[/name]” propelled this name into widespread use among Puritans in [name]England[/name]. The name fell out of favor in the twentieth century due to associations with the term “prissy,” which is used to mean prim or prudish. As you can see, however, each name fits into that class of feminine, sophisticated, vintage names that you must love.

Overall, I think that your style can be defined by an interest in names with a vintage, unique flair and a decidedly feminine sound and feel. Most of the names you like have clear nickname potential, yet, in their full forms, they convey elegance and sophistication with spunk and flair. Your style would not suggest that you like trendy unisex names, which is why [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name] seem so out of place in your list.

Best of luck to you!

Hello!

Let me see what I can do with your names to create a cohesive style. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] are clearly vintage names, yet both have the trendy A initial and have a comfortable, yet sophisticated, sound. They are fairly unusual yet not totally unheard of on a child. Then we can bring in [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name], which, though they have a spunky, fresh sound in comparison to [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name], both have “vintage” ties as well. [name]Miranda[/name] is a Shakespearean name, and [name]Scarlett[/name], as we all know, ties to ‘Gone with the Wind.’ Finally, you bring in [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name], both names that are starkly different from your other choices for two reasons - (1) they are both considered trendy names, and (2) they are both unisex names. [name]Everly[/name] has the fun, relaxed -y ending and a surname feel, bouncing it straight into the trendy class of names, yet its more feminine nickname, [name]Evie[/name], has a decidedly vintage feel. [name]Shiloh[/name], a beautiful unisex Hebrew name meaning “gift,” is trendy because of celebrity association in the form of Miss [name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name]. So, you say that you think all of these names fit together well, and I wholeheartedly disagree with you. [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name] are in a class so very separate from your other names, and though there are clear distinctions between the styles of [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name], all four names have a feminine, sophisticated, vintage feel that is lacking in both [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name].

Now let me address the names that you eliminated. Names like [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] (and [name]Emma[/name], [name]Emily[/name], etc.) actually [name]DO[/name] fit remarkably well in your name-set. [name]Olivia[/name], like [name]Miranda[/name], has strong roots in [name]Shakespeare[/name], whereas [name]Sophia[/name] is a classic favorite. [name]Both[/name] names have seen a massive increase in use because of their feminine sophistication and prettiness, yet they do fit in beautifully with your other names. Despite their popularity, I would never go so far as to classify [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] as “trendy” names; they are merely popular classic names.

For the names that your husband said no to - [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], and [name]Priscilla[/name] - we can also incorporate these names into your style. [name]Anastasia[/name] is a name seeped in tradition and regal style. You need only to turn to your history books or your Disney DVD collection to learn about [name]Anastasia[/name] Romanov, [name]Princess[/name] of [name]Russia[/name]. The name has the same elegant sophistication as [name]Alice[/name], [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], and [name]Olivia[/name]. [name]Bridget[/name], too, is a historical name, as in [name]Bridget[/name] ([name]Brigid[/name]) of [name]Ireland[/name], one of the patron saints of the country whose feast day is traditionally the first day of spring in [name]Ireland[/name], February 1. Finally, we have [name]Priscilla[/name], a name with a harsh sound that still fits into the vintage class of [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name], especially. [name]Priscilla[/name] can be found throughout the Bible, yet its introduction to English literature through [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Spenser[/name]'s “The Faerie [name]Queen[/name]” propelled this name into widespread use among Puritans in [name]England[/name]. The name fell out of favor in the twentieth century due to associations with the term “prissy,” which is used to mean prim or prudish. As you can see, however, each name fits into that class of feminine, sophisticated, vintage names that you must love.

Overall, I think that your style can be defined by an interest in names with a vintage, unique flair and a decidedly feminine sound and feel. Most of the names you like have clear nickname potential, yet, in their full forms, they convey elegance and sophistication with spunk and flair. Your style would not suggest that you like trendy unisex names, which is why [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name] seem so out of place in your list.

Best of luck to you![/quote]

I find it extremley interesting what you said about [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name]. [name]Everly[/name] is my husbands favorite (aside from [name]Summer[/name], though not on the list cause it is considered non negotiable) he wants to spell it the tryndee way Everleigh (which though everyone else hates i like quite more, for some reason it feels more femmine to me) and [name]Shiloh[/name] was another of hubbys picks. When i said they fit together i ment more in sound then it style. You did however pin point what i believe to my style perfectly. I love vintige very feminine names that have easy nicknames. Because i dislike unisex names so much (im not sure why!) and i guess Everleigh was always considered to be a girls name to me and not at all unisex like [name]Everly[/name]. I like the very girly names for girls and very manly handsome names for boys. Thanks so much for input!