Name suggestions based on maybe list?

Currently pregnant with a girl and husband and I have not landed on a name yet. Last name ends with the -ly sound so would like to stay away from first names with the same sound.

Here is our list of names we’ve considered but aren’t 100% on:
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] (in my top 3)
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (in my top 3)
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] (in husband’s top 3)
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] (in both of our top 3)
[name_f]Blair[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Riley[/name_f] (in husband’s top 3)
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]

Despite us both liking [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], we aren’t 100% there yet. I guess we lean more towards “classic” yet becoming popular again names if I had to categorize it.

Any help or suggestions!?

1 Like

From your list I really like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Heather[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Annalise[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Erin[/name_f]

Congrats on your pregnancy!

My thoughts on your list so far:

I really like the names on your list - I don’t dislike any of them - so what I say below is more to help if want to keep on list or not.

I would probably put the -Y ending names to the bottom of the shortlist (Daisy, Riley) unless you like that Y-Y sound. Riley def sounds “same sound” from what I can tell?

I think L names could go either way with an LY last name - especially if same syllable count. Eg Ella Harley (am using Harley as pretend last name) could appeal but could also be too fast paced and L heavy (a bit of a jumble of a name). Hazel and Olive are also names that could go either way. The longer L names possibly suit an LY last name better because you’ve got more room between the L’s - so Charlotte and Eloise would seem to flow?

Another way of looking at it is if you want something spunky and fresh, like Blair, Riley and Autumn; something classic and elegant, like Charlotte and Eloise; or something vintage sweet and a tad whimsical, like Daisy, Olive and Hazel? Ella crosses all three or at least the last two (but to me is on the tail end of our love affair with Elle /Ellie/ Elsie names so I would personally use as a nn but that’s probably just me).

The “classic but becoming more popular again” names are (at least on this site) are more from the 1940s on (eg Rosemary, Dorothy, Ruthie, Susannah/Suzette, Mary/Maria/ Marie, Elizabeth).
Hard to delineate all this as overlaps of course but names like Charlotte and Ella fit in with the top names of recent decades (so not popular again but very much established), joining names like Amelia, Sophie, Isabel/Isabella as well as the short cuter names, like Isla, Ava, Luna, Lulu, Evie etc (of which Daisy, Olive and Hazel and to some extent Autumn adjoin to as more daring versions of these). That might not matter but if you’re looking for future popularity, I would look further afield as well.

Here are same names I like that are similar to your names across the different genres (but overall, hope this has given a few prompts to help you think more about the style of name you want, how popular, and how important it is to have “perfect flow” to last name - or just ignore all and go for the name that just sings to you both!):

Claudia
Mabel
Piper
Sienna
Harlow
Cleo
Seraphine
Marianne
Sybil
Rylan
Aurelia
Harriet
Katherine (nn Kit)
Adelaide (nn Daisy)
Sunday (nn Sunny or Daisy)
Zoe
Flora

Nice list!

I especially like: [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (elegant but understated), [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] (warm and golden vibes), [name_f]Olive[/name_f] (charming, clunky cute), [name_f]Blair[/name_f] (full of flair and stylish), [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] (sweet and cosy), [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] (war but sharp)

Some suggestions:

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Lois[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Romy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Una[/name_f]
[name_f]Josie[/name_f]

From your list I love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] !

Some suggestions could be:
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] / [name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Summer[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Harper[/name_f]
[name_f]Briar[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruby[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Shelby[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] / [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] / [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Mila[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Pia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Blair[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], & [name_f]Hazel[/name_f].

Other ideas:

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Adaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adalyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Caraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Coco[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Josie[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlet[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivien[/name_f]

From your list, I like [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. I’m actually really, really liking [name_f]Ella[/name_f] - from your list it’s probably the one least mentioned on this site and is refreshing to see. It’s elegant simplicity makes it stand out against the tide of other [name_f]El[/name_f]- names, imo. Everyone is going for more elaborate options - [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] etc… but [name_f]Ella[/name_f], not so much.