Name Suggestions Please :)

So I recently found out that I am pregnant and I was thinking about names, and realized that I am SO picky. I have a few that I like, but I can never really see myself using. Or is it that I still can not see myself with a child…? Anyway, my boyfriend and I have come together on a few names…we do not know what we are having yet…so we have plenty of time to choose and think about it. I saw a post where someone described themselves and their boyfriend/husband and people commented on names that they thought would match. I thought it was interesting… so here is a little background on us…Obviously, I know you can’t tell much from a paragraph of a self-describing summary…but its worth a shot!

We met four years ago, I was in college and my boyfriend was an artist. We lived in a funky little downtown apartment for 2 years and spent most of our time going to art shows or throwing art shows, taking off for the weekend to go to the beach, hiking, having dinners/cocktail parties at our apartment and seeing live music/art acts. Since then, we have bought a house together, I have graduated college, I am working in a more ‘serious’ career and looking into PsyD programs. He is more of a professional artist, focusing on murals, commission pieces and curating art shows within the community. We still enjoy doing the same things that we did together in the past, minus the cocktail parties :wink: We have three dogs, named [name]Rocko[/name], [name]Stella[/name] and [name]PePe[/name]. Also, of importance he is hispanic and the baby will have a mexican last name.

The names that we like so far:
Girls:
[name]Sofia[/name]- despite populartiy I absolutely love this name. Is it really THAT popular? I do not know anyone with the name…
[name]Adele[/name] or [name]Adelle[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]-
[name]Amelia[/name]-
[name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Juliette[/name]

Boys: the middle name will be [name]Raul[/name]. (Family name)
[name]Asa[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] ([name]Leonardo[/name])-but he will be called [name]LEO[/name] :slight_smile:
[name]Mateo[/name]

Sorry for the long post!

I live in a community of artist and I think your names are perfect. I especially love [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]. Here are some others

Girls:
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Maizie[/name]
[name]Gia[/name]
[name]Nila[/name]

Boys:
[name]Leon[/name](with french flare)
[name]Gage[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]

Congrats.

Oh I love your list! Very fresh!
Thank you :slight_smile:

I love all of the girl names…she might have a ton of middle names!

I love [name]Milo[/name] and [name]Leon[/name]…so adorable!

I grew up in downtown Manhattan and currently live there amongst lots of artsy/hipster parents, so I might be able to help. I commented on the names you mentioned and have also offered up some other suggestions you may like.

[name]Sofia[/name]- though you may not know anyone personally with the name it is huge statistically (#7) but it may be less popular in your area. It’s a great name but very popular at the moment.

[name]Adele[/name] - (i prefer the one “l” spelling) I really love this name. If you plan on using the nickname [name]Addy[/name] beware that [name]Addison[/name] is very popular, but [name]Adele[/name] is so fresh and is definitely stylistically up and coming.

[name]Lucy[/name]- really pretty, I like it as a nickname for something longer, maybe [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Lucia[/name] or [name]Luciana[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name]- pretty. nice nicknames. becoming more popular though.

[name]Juliet[/name]- one of my favorites! classic, pretty, Shakespearean!

[name]Asa[/name]- this one sounds too feminine to me on a boy. It could be a nice nickname for [name]Asher[/name], [name]Aston[/name] or another name.

[name]Leo[/name]- love [name]Leo[/name]! very trendy with the hipster set in NYC, but thoroughly cute, and I love it as a nn for [name]Leonardo[/name].

[name]Mateo[/name]- another great name.

So some other names you might like:
Boys:
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Arlo[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]August[/name]/[name]Augustus[/name] (nn [name]Gus[/name])
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Otto[/name]
[name]Theo[/name] (could be short for [name]Theodore[/name])
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Ezra[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Anton[/name]

Girls:
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Edie[/name] (could be short for [name]Eden[/name] or [name]Edith[/name])
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]/[name]Leona[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]/[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Romy[/name] (could be nn for [name]Romilly[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name])
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]

sorry that was so long. hope it helps!

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Mateo[/name]! It has a lot of personality [name]IMO[/name]. And I like [name]Sophia[/name].
2nd choice is [name]Leo[/name] & [name]Juliet[/name]