Name suggestions?

What names are like [name_f]Noémi[/name_f]? Bonus if they’re feminine, 5 letters (or not long), have an official accent (or one that could be legitimately decorative), and have the meaning of grace, pleasant, love, or blessing.

For reference, we already have an Amaré (Amma-Rae) & Sélah (say-luh). So smthg that would go with those, and nothing too similar.

:grimacing::crazy_face:

Tall order, I know! I’m just wondering if there is a perfect name for a sister (other than Noémi!) I’ve missed.

2 Likes

Maélys or [name_u]Léonie[/name_u] sprang to mind!

2 Likes

Not using the accents to type, but imagine they are there

[name_f]Esmee[/name_f]
Nanee

1 Like

How about…
[name_f]Belén[/name_f]
[name_f]Renée[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloé[/name_f]
Adéla
[name_f]Adèle[/name_f]
Érica
Léone
[name_f]Célia[/name_f] (maybe too close to Sélah)
[name_f]Zélie[/name_f]
Délia

Not 5 letters but similar in meaning and/or style:
[name_f]Océane[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoé[/name_f]
Inés
[name_f]Emília[/name_f]
Grácia
[name_f]Letícia[/name_f]

Some of these don’t have the accent in [name_f]English[/name_f] but do in other languages, so I would say they’re “official” accents.

1 Like

Let’s see:
[name_f]Lilinoe[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwenore[/name_f]
Wilona
[name_f]Erlina[/name_f]
[name_f]Enola[/name_f]
[name_f]Nour[/name_f]
[name_f]Anona[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Elenoa[/name_f]
Nolee
Evanora
[name_f]Rinoa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elnora[/name_f]

1 Like

Adéle
Lainé
Bleun/Bleunn
[name_f]Josée[/name_f]
Odilé
[name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
Kézia

2 Likes

Ohhh, I love, love, love Noémi!! Sélah and Amaré are some of my favorites, too! I’ve seen some of your other posts, and I think Noémi really fits! However, I will also suggest~

Angélique (meaning ~ angelic)
Anaïs (meaning ~ grace)
Azélie (meaning ~ noble type)
Esmée (meaning ~ beloved)

1 Like

seconding Maélys, [name_f]Belén[/name_f], [name_f]Esmée[/name_f] and [name_f]Azélie[/name_f]!

Sorry if I’ve repeated any and missed them above:

[name_f]Aurélie[/name_f] - “golden”
[name_f]Céleste[/name_f] - “heavenly”
[name_f]Céline[/name_f] - “heavenly”
[name_f]Blisse[/name_f] - “delight”
[name_f]Desirée[/name_f] - “desired; longed for”
Anaëlle - “grace”
[name_f]Ariane[/name_f] - “most holy”
Mylène - unclear on meaning but some sites say “gracious” or “beloved moon”?

1 Like

Thank you for all these suggestions! I have actually considered many of them, and liked them but had to dismiss for several reasons. But some were new. I appreciate all who took the time to write!

I have someone close to me (but not in proximity or constant conversation, but family line) who used [name_f]Noémi[/name_f] for their miscarried little one, some ten years back. I did have their blessing to use it when I asked (a couple years back when I thought our last boy might be a girl)— but I guess I still hesitate a bit as I don’t want to make things hard on them by using it. They now have 3 lovely children & are vocal about being complete, but I don’t want to be disrespectful.

Anyways, that’s literally the only reason I hesitate on [name_f]Noémi[/name_f]. I may still use it (99% chance! :crazy_face:) but I wanted to keep looking in case we fell in love with something else. Thanks for these lovely suggestions!

Thank you! I love Noémi too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: but these are also gorgeous & fitting. Anaïs and Esmé have actually been on my list many times over. I think both are a little too close to Amaré to use as a first, but love them.

1 Like

Thank you! I do love Celeste & Celine, but I think may sound too close to Sélah for a first. Anaëlle so pretty! Might get my kids on board that one. :crazy_face: they’re the hardest audience to please!

I do love Adele but a close friend has a daughter with that name. Not sure!

Kezia is on my possibility list! So pretty.

Never heard of Odilé, but it’s so lyrical.

Thank you.

1 Like

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] ideas! Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve definitely considered [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Renee[/name_f]! Great ideas. Thank you!

1 Like

Love :heart_eyes: both! But unfortunately I think Maelys may sound too close to Elyse, Amaré’s middle name. Still, might work!

I adore Léonie and been a long time fan of Lenore! But I can’t get DH on board.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

All such beautiful names but none seem to fit as well as Noémi in my head. Perhaps it’s not a terrible thing to keep in the family (my absolute only reason for reconsidering was that a family member had named a miscarriage baby this about 10+ years ago, and although they now have 3 beautiful children & are vocal about being “done,” I didn’t want to make it hard on them. However, I did ask them about this name about 2 years ago and they did get back to me and say it was OK. But I don’t know…)

I’m lost on finding anything other than Noémi. :face_with_peeking_eye: Maybe this will be a boy. Ha. We find out in 4 weeks.

[name_f]Hélène[/name_f]

1 Like

I think it’s the right choice, in my mind! :smiling_face:

1 Like

@clair.de.lune Thanks! Yes! That is probably what this all means. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Have you settled on a boy name? I’m curious which has won out!