Name that means Moon or something to that extent

I wanted to try and find a girl name that means [name_f]Moon[/name_f] (or something to that nature) for my upcoming child.

I wanted to try and find something unique, but easy to say/spell. I had a friend recommend the name “Miluna” to me, but I couldnt find the name online. Mi is my in Spanish, and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] means moon, so I assume the name would mean “My [name_f]Moon[/name_f]” but I cant find a source for it? Im a little nervous about naming my kid something that doesnt seem like it exists (First timer here haha sorry)

But yeah, if you guys have any name ideas, or an opinion on Miluna, let me know! Thank you!

What about the name Lusine? It means moon in Armenian.

Miluana is cute. What about Channary? It means full moon in Cambodian.

You know what, I’ve disliked every ‘made-up’ name that I’ve heard - but not this one. Miluna is certainly unusual, but I wouldn’t doubt it as a name. It makes sense in spelling, pronunciation & meaning. It has familiar elements to it, similar to the names of [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Milana[/name_f] + [name_f]Luna[/name_f] which are all quite well established.
If this feels like the one for you, then go for it. My personal taste is just [name_f]Luna[/name_f] on its own, but that’s a good nickname she can go by most of the time if she prefers it.
Also, there’s [name_f]Selene[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] (Greek goddess of the moon), [name_f]Diane[/name_f] ([name_m]Roman[/name_m] form of [name_u]Artemis[/name_u])
Or you could use the name of a planet’s moon in the solar system, e.g. [name_f]Elara[/name_f] ([name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]), [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] ([name_m]Saturn[/name_m]), [name_f]Helene[/name_f] ([name_m]Saturn[/name_m]), [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] (Uranus), [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] (Uranus), [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] (Uranus), [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] (Uranus), I think these names would make a pretty good themed combo with Miluna or [name_f]Luna[/name_f].

[name_f]Ayla[/name_f] is a hebrew name menaing moonlight.
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]/[name_f]Selena[/name_f] means moon goddess.
[name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] are the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and greek goddesses of the moon.

My birth name is [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], but I also go by [name_f]Luna[/name_f] -both names are related to the moon. [name_f]Selene[/name_f]/[name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_f]Diane[/name_f]/[name_f]Diana[/name_f] and [name_u]Artemis[/name_u] are other possibilities. [name_f]Chandra[/name_f] is a moon deity in hinduism, sounds similar with [name_f]Sandra[/name_f] so I guess that’s not too out there. I also love the suggestions of actual moon names from other planets. Miluna sounds made-up to me, sorry.

A few more options:

[name_f]Aisha[/name_f] (Arabic name associated with the moon goddess)
Alkina (Australian; moon)
[name_f]Amaris[/name_f]/[name_f]Amarissa[/name_f] (English; child of the moon)
Arana (aboriginal; moon)
[name_f]Aylin[/name_f] (Turkish; moon halo)
Aysel (Turkish; moonlight)
[name_f]Calista[/name_f] (from [name_f]Callisto[/name_f], the third largest moon in our solar system)
[name_f]Celine[/name_f] ([name_m]French[/name_m]; moon)
[name_f]Delia[/name_f] (version of [name_u]Artemis[/name_u])
[name_f]Deva[/name_f] (Hindi moon goddess)
[name_f]Kamaria[/name_f] (Swahili; beauty of the moon/moonlight)
[name_f]Kiana[/name_f] (Hawaiian; moon goddess)
Lewana/[name_f]Levana[/name_f] (Hebrew; moon)
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f] ( name of one of [name_u]Neptune[/name_u]’s moons)
[name_f]Lunette[/name_f] (lttle moon; [name_m]French[/name_m])
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] (Italian; light/moon)
Mahina (Persian; moon)
[name_f]Miah[/name_f] (aboriginal; moon)
[name_f]Mona[/name_f] (English; moon)
[name_f]Neoma[/name_f]/[name_f]Neomi[/name_f]/[name_f]Noemi[/name_f] (Greek spin on [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]; full moon)
[name_f]Portia[/name_f] (name of one of Uranus’ moons)
[name_f]Thalassa[/name_f] (name of one of [name_u]Neptune[/name_u]’s moons)
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] (Greek; mother of the moon)

I think Miluna is really pretty! I wouldn’t worry too much about the name “not existing” or being made-up because every name was made up by someone at some point. And like I said Miluna “my moon” is really beautiful!

Some other names relating to the moon (sorry for any repeats)-

[name_f]Selene[/name_f]/[name_f]Selena[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]/[name_f]Artemisia[/name_f], Belphoebe, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], [name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Altalune[/name_f], [name_f]Stellaluna[/name_f], [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f], [name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f], or Luneira?

[name_f]Nova[/name_f] is cute.

a star showing a sudden large increase in brightness and then slowly returning to its original state over a few months.

Altaluna/[name_f]Altalune[/name_f]
[name_f]Crescence[/name_f]/[name_f]Crescentia[/name_f]/Kreszenz
Esmeray (dark moon)
Illari (radiant or dawn, a Quechua name)
Lunaria
Mahzarin (golden moon, a Persian name similar to [name_f]Mazarine[/name_f])
[name_f]Selene[/name_f]

You might also like Luzmila.

First of all, [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry about naming your child something that doesn’t exist!! If it’s to on the internet it probably just means its not in the top few thousand names in the USA, which means your little girl is getting a very unique name.

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] definitely means moon, and so does the name Miyu and I think Miluna is very very sweet, I personally love it. However if you’re still worried, here are some other names that mean moon:

Cynth, [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Aisha[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u] - [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of the [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Crescent[/name_f] - Shape of the [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Chandra[/name_f] -[name_f]Moon[/name_f] Shining
[name_f]Amarissa[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Aylin[/name_f] - Halo around the [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Kyra[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Lunette[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
Miyu - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f] - A [name_f]Moon[/name_f] of [name_u]Neptune[/name_u]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - A [name_f]Moon[/name_f] of [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]
[name_f]Quilla[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Celena[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Deva[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Luciana[/name_f] - [name_m]Light[/name_m] [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Salena[/name_f] / [name_f]Selena[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Neoma[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_u]London[/name_u] - Fortress of the [name_f]Moon[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] - [name_f]Moon[/name_f] [name_f]Goddess[/name_f]
[name_f]Portia[/name_f] - One of Uranus’ Moons
[name_f]Helene[/name_f] - A [name_f]Moon[/name_f] of [name_m]Saturn[/name_m]
Tsuki - Japanese for [name_f]Moon[/name_f] (Pronounced [name_f]Su[/name_f]-ki)
Tsukiko - Japanese for [name_f]Moon[/name_f] Child

That should help you I hope, Good luck !! <3

Many of the other options here are excellent, but I think [name_f]Luna[/name_f] (the Spanish word for moon and an already established name) would be an excellent choice :). Congrats!

I think [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is the best option. Mind you, it isn’t used as a name at all in Spain, although it means moon in Spanish!

I agree that [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is a better option than Miluna. Miluna sounds very silly in Spanish, but [name_f]Luna[/name_f], even though it’s not in wide use as a name most places (Chile and Spain excepted), is still kind of nice as a name. Sort of the equivalent of naming your daughter [name_f]Snow[/name_f] vs. Mysnow in English. And [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is also a fairly well-used Spanish surname.

Maybe you’d like Ludivina? It doesn’t quite mean moon, but it’s got a similar sound and means ‘divine light,’ which is close.

What about Lumia or [name_f]Lumi[/name_f]?

A few more I thought of:
Cosmia
[name_f]Elula[/name_f]
Inara (Hittite-Hurrian goddess of the wild animals of the steppe, equal to the Greek moon goddess [name_u]Artemis[/name_u])
[name_f]Levana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucero[/name_f]
[name_f]Milou[/name_f]

& I’d second the suggestion of Ludivine!