Name Your Children Based On YOUR Names đŸ«

Based on meanings and sounds:

May Elizabeth
Eliot Margalo

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] (Hebrew name Avigayil) meaning “my father’s joy”. [name_u]Avi[/name_u] when in a Hebrew name means “my father.” I’ve considered using [name_m]Avidan[/name_m] (my father is just) or [name_m]Avishai[/name_m] (my father’s gift) for a boy. I also like [name_u]Alba[/name_u] for a girl which is pretty close to [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] but I don’t think I’d actually use it.

1 Like

A top contender for my current pregnancy is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f]. [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is my given middle and honors my dad. I would also totally use my first name (Swift :wink:) as a middle for a kiddo!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] birth name is after a river in Ireland
 I guess I’d go with [name_f]Sian[/name_f] or Shanna

1 Like

Ruadhán Dáire [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] “Rua”

details

RuadhĂĄn was the son of the goddess [name_f]Brighid[/name_f] and her center of worship was in Cill DĂĄire (the church of the oak tree) and for the second middle I went with [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] based on my middle name [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] MorrĂ­gan [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]

details

[name_f]Nellie[/name_f] is based on one of my middle’s [name_f]Molly[/name_f], as another old fashioned nickname. Morrígan is another Irish goddess and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is a variant of [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

1 Like

I’ll do this based one based off my online name and one based off my irl name

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] (both mean bright/light/shining like Klara)

and

[name_f]Amara[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (both meaning grace like my real name)

Purely Rhyming - [name_f]Polly[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]

Similar sounds/same initials - [name_u]Milo[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u]

Same initials - [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] [name_u]Louise[/name_u]

Same Meaning - [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_u]Lake[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Beth[/name_f] nn [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Bee[/name_f] or just [name_f]Bee[/name_f].
I would name my daughter after myself by calling her [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] :cherry_blossom::sparkles::honeybee:

1 Like

[name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_m]Stone[/name_m] for a son, similar meanings and also my first and middle initials

[name_f]Cassia[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f] for a daughter, one sounds kind of like one of my names and the other has a related meaning

I’d call them [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f].

1 Like

Assuming I can only have one of each

Atlas Emmett Briar - Atlas for its meaning, “bearer of the heavens,” as my own name means “heavenly,” Emmett for its Hebrew origin and similarity to my surname, and Briar for its Br- prefix.

Freya Seraphina Juliette - Freya after a character from Final Fantasy, just as I was named, Seraphina for its Hebrew origin, and Juliette for its -ette suffix.

2 Likes

Going with same themes as my name (and deciding as realistic as I can :sweat_smile:):

[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] :fallen_leaf:

• these would be the closest ones, with three-syllable classic, familiar firsts and two-syllable mythological, obscure middles

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] & [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m] :herb:

• these would be a close second had I gone with more literary, but still familiar firsts, and more nature-related middles
1 Like

[name_f]Girl[/name_f]:

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Socorro[/name_f] - The connection may be a little stretchy but I went with [name_f]Mary[/name_f] because she is the cousin of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] in the Bible. In my faith she certainly epitomizes the meaning of my name, “pledged to God”, by being the [name_u]Blessed[/name_u] Mother of [name_m]Jesus[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] middle name comes from a Spanish [name_u]Marian[/name_u] title. [name_f]Socorro[/name_f] similarly comes from a [name_u]Marian[/name_u] title Nuestra Señora del Perpetuo [name_f]Socorro[/name_f] (Our [name_f]Lady[/name_f] of Perpetual Succour).

Boy:

[name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Rosario[/name_u] - I think this is my favourite of the two! [name_u]Elias[/name_u] is already on my longlist for boys. It sounds similar to the nickname I use for the internet, and it is also likewise a Biblical name. [name_u]Elias[/name_u] also means “Yahweh is my God” which is a similar sentiment to what [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] means “pledged to God”. As I mentioned above, my middle name comes from a Spanish [name_u]Marian[/name_u] title. [name_u]Rosario[/name_u] translates to rosary which relates to the [name_u]Marian[/name_u] title, Our [name_f]Lady[/name_f] of the [name_f]Rosary[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]Rosario[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Leigh[/name_u]

• [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] was almost my name, [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] is taken from my name.

[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] [name_u]Riley[/name_u]

• If I were a boy, I’d have been named [name_u]Hayden[/name_u]. [name_u]Riley[/name_u] semi rhymes with my name.
1 Like