Name Your Children Based On YOUR Names 🫐

When I was younger, I used to have names based off of my own name for my (future) children. The names were quite matchy. For ex: Edmund & Eden. I joined NB and came to know how much of a faux pas that was. While I am now neutral to the thought of naming my children completely after myself, I’m not opposed to it. I probably won’t do this realistically, but figured it will be fun for the Berries to do this.

What would you name your children based on your own names? They could relate in meanings, sound or variations. If you want, you may also mention how you got the name.

:sparkles: :sparkles: :sparkles:

Mine

River Apollo - My IRL name partially means ‘fjord’ and it’s other meaning is ‘sun’. Apollo was the Greek God of the sun. Apollo was also the twin brother of Artemis, from which Artemisia is derived, and which is not so coincidentally my online name.

Aurora Lavender - Aurora has similar sounds to my name and Lavender is after a nickname I got from friends.

Or

Aurora Sage - I think Aurora Sage flows better than Aurora Lavender, and matches with River. Sage is after another one of my nicknames + an honour name for NB username which is Scarlet. Both start with an ‘S’ and are colour-names.

River Apollo & Aurora Lavender or Aurora Sage :ribbon:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]River[/name_u]. I was named after the late actor, [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u].

I love the name [name_u]Lake[/name_u] for a little boy. I considered using it, not after myself but just because I liked it. :joy:

[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] is an option. It was almost my name, had I been a boy. I remember being baffled by the spelling as a kid, though.

Nothing else comes to mind.

3 Likes

I have thought of [name_u]Scout[/name_u] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] (Eleanor being my middle and [name_u]Scout[/name_u] being a one syllable first like my own)

I’ve also thought of [name_f]Elara[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Lenore[/name_f], [name_f]Elswyth[/name_f], [name_u]Elias[/name_u], and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] inspired by my middle.

2 Likes

[name_f]Sophronia[/name_f] [name_u]Jade[/name_u] [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
I like [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] which is a form of my middle & I’d use [name_u]Jade[/name_u] which sounds similar to my first as a filler.

[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] / [name_m]Samson[/name_m] nn [name_m]Josh[/name_m]
I like [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] & [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] / [name_m]Samson[/name_m] as they are all nods to my faith & my irl initials are JSB.

[name_f]My[/name_f] Name

J@den Sop!ha

1 Like

[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]- [name_u]Ezra[/name_u] is a name with Hebrew origins, just like my name. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is one letter away from my middle name.

[name_f]Astoria[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]- [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] begins with the letter A and ends with the uh sound, like my name. [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a four letter gem name as is my middle name

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] going off initials/sounds…

[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_u]Endellion[/name_u] [name_u]Kit[/name_u] :rabbit:

or

[name_u]Esca[/name_u] [name_m]Emilian[/name_m] [name_u]Kit[/name_u] :fox_face:

2 Likes

Hmm this is tricky!

Maybe Margot Layne

First name Molly so they share the M and O
Second name Jayne so it’s just jazzed up a bit

1 Like

Ooo fun!

I would probably go

Flint Caspian because Flint has a similar meaning to my real name and Caspian sounds like my middle.

Topaz Riva because Topaz again has a similar meaning to my name and Riva has similar meaning to my middle.

Flint + Topaz :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

edited for privacy

2 Likes

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Reba[/name_f]
or
[name_u]Robert[/name_u] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u]

[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]: [name_f]Reba[/name_f] is a nickname/has the same meaning / [name_u]Robert[/name_u] same initial
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]: [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is who I was named after / [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] is the male equivalent

1 Like

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f] & [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Emil[/name_m]

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my middle name and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] has Latin origins like my own first name!
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] is a very 2000s name like my own, and [name_m]Emil[/name_m] is the masculine version of my first name!

1 Like

similar in etymology, sound, or meaning. some of these are more stretchy than others - and I think I would consider actually using many of them

girls
Matilda Eunice
Maud Viviana
Sigrid Madelief
Adelaide Viatrix
Sunny Maddalena

boys
Vincent Magnus
Nico Marcel
Ziggy Orson
Roark Laszlo
Tor Madigan

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_u]Lauren[/name_u]. I don’t really love it, but I absolutely love the idea of a little boy named [name_u]Asher[/name_u] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]. Maybe a grandson someday? :smile:

The closest I think I could come with a girl’s name is [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]. [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is kind of a smoosh of my mom’s name and mine, and while [name_f]Lorraine[/name_f] does not share any etymology with [name_u]Lauren[/name_u], their sounds are similar and I like it. [name_u]Or[/name_u] maybe, for something simpler, [name_f]Addy[/name_f] [name_u]Laurel[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_u]Julie[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] M.

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] - [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is related to [name_u]Julie[/name_u]. [name_m]Eliezer[/name_m] is another biblical name with a similar beginning to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Jemma[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] initials are JEM and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] has linguistic roots that connect to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Malou[/name_f] :earth_americas::hibiscus:

[name_f]Mabli[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] Lilouna :seedling::bear:

[name_u]Ziggy[/name_u] [name_u]Arrow[/name_u] [name_m]Titouan[/name_m] :rainbow::bow_and_arrow:

I don’t actually have two middle names but the first is inspired by my legal middle name and the second is inspired by one of the two that I’m debating for myself.

1 Like

I have considered [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (my first name that I was never called) as a middle for a daughter :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so cool! I adore this idea, so I’m going to do a few!!

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] : my first name means “hazelnut tree” and my middle name means “pledged to God,” so these new names mean “olive tree” and “pledged to God.”

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] : my first name is a color and my middle name is a classic Biblical name, so I’ve chosen another color and Biblical name!

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] : my initials are HE (though technically HEC including my second middle), so I’ve given both of those a try!

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] : my names are 2 syllables then 4 syllables (then 1 syllable, counting my second middle), so here are my picks for those counts!

1 Like

what a great idea! :cloud:

my children would be oona lily and silas bear

oona lily

my second middle name is a derivative of rachel, meaning “ewe” or female sheep. i’ve always loved the idea of oona as a subtle honor for me, because it means “lamb”. my birthday is in may, and my birth flower is lilies of the valley, and i’ve always loved subtle honors like that! :sheep:🪷

silas bear

silas was an easy choice, as my first name is also a biblical name. i thought that would tie mine and my child’s names together nicely, but also very subtly. i also love that silas means “from the forest”, because i am a very avid hiker and skier, and i love to be outside. quite simple, yet meaningful, bear was my childhood nickname. my dad still calls me it, so i would love to pass it down! :evergreen_tree::bear:

1 Like

I’ve thought about this a few times, but would not realistically base their entire name on me :sweat_smile:

[name_u]Rio[/name_u] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] – [name_u]Rio[/name_u] is a nature name, plus starts with an “R”, just like my own, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] dad also says he saw my name on a grapefruit, and recently I saw “Rio Red” on a grapefruit juice :laughing: I thought that was a funny tie-in to my favorite name.
[name_f]My[/name_f] middle name and last name start with an “A + S”, so I’d give him all my initials, just a bit swapped.
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m] is also a name that loosely ties in to my birth city. :ocean:

[name_u]Rome[/name_u] [name_m]Leandro[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] – Same as above with 2 matching initials, except [name_m]Leandro[/name_m] sounds like my middle name, rather than giving him the exact initial. :crossed_swords:

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] – A nature name ending with a “Y”, a four letter name, + a gem stone. :diamonds:

[name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_u]November[/name_u] – A cutesy name, another name with a red meaning, + my birth month. :maple_leaf:

Another two I’d consider is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Violeta[/name_f] as a color option, and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] (b) as to honor my love of travel.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] and i have always been called [name_f]Beth[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] Maiden name was Wahl.

Some ideas I’ve had over the years that i could see myself actually using are

[name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bess[/name_f], [name_f]Bettina[/name_f], [name_f]Bette[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], and [name_f]Ella[/name_f]

For a boy I always liked the idea of [name_u]Walter[/name_u], with the nn [name_u]Wally[/name_u], or [name_m]Walt[/name_m].

1 Like