Name Your Future Pets

Similar to the ‘What Would You Name Your [name_u]Future[/name_u] Daughter/Son Today?’ threads, but for pets.

What would you name your future pet(s) today?

I’d go for three cats: [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], and [name_f]Blanche[/name_f].

(After the [name_u]Golden[/name_u] Girls.)

1 Like

I’d get a cat and name him [name_u]Douglas[/name_u] and get a dog named [name_f]Catherine[/name_f].

Doug the cat and [name_f]Cat[/name_f] the dog :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Male cat: [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
Female cat: [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
Male dog: [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m]
Female dog: Tib

We joke about it now but it’s a life goal. Be prepared for the adoption announcements in 10 years :joy:

1 Like

Cats: [name_m]Doc[/name_m], [name_m]Reginald[/name_m], [name_u]Finch[/name_u], [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u]

Dogs: Big [name_u]Tony[/name_u] (pug), [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_u]Tony[/name_u] (great dane), [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] (any large black dog)

There’s definitely more that aren’t coming to mind :joy:

I would have a rabbit named [name_m]Dewie[/name_m], a tabby cat named [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and a corgi named Waffles.

Samwise, a brown cat.

Hades or [name_f]Suki[/name_f] but my family has been talking about adopting a three legged dog and naming it Legolas.:joy:

1 Like

I’ve always wanted dogs called [name_f]Shasta[/name_f] and Lassen! Though I worry the nickname [name_f]Lassie[/name_f] would sound like I named him after [name_f]Lassie[/name_f] the dog :woman_facepalming:

I’ve also though Lassiter would be a fun name for a dog, and I couldn’t have Lassen and Lassiter :joy:

Roborovski dwarf hamster - Popcorn
Staffordshire Bull Terrier (my dream dog) - [name_f]Lola[/name_f]

Dogs named Cubby and [name_f]Sable[/name_f]!

If I ever get another cat, [name_m]Linus[/name_m].

I really would love a frog, I would probably name them Heqet, who is an Ancient Egyptian goddess of fertility and childbirth, who was depicted as a frog!

1 Like

My current pets are [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]. We used to have a [name_u]Holly[/name_u] [name_u]Noel[/name_u] (born on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]) who died recently. [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is her little successor which worked out perfectly because she was obsessed with her.

My husband really loves the name [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] nn [name_f]Gerty[/name_f]. I told him he can’t name our child that, so he’s deadest on naming the next dog that. :rofl:

I keep daydreaming of driving to the rescue pound and bringing home a senior dog or cat. With LO on the way, I think it would be too much for our 5 year old german sepherd mix beauty, Strelka, to get a bipedal sibling AND a furry sibling in quick succession, so our senior puppy/kitten will have to wait.

That hypothetical pet might be very attached to its name, respond to it and all, in which case we won’t change it. However, if they’ve been in many homes and gone under many names, I’ll name them [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] or [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]. It was the name I was pushing for with Strelka but I budged because my husband couldn’t stop geeking out about Soviet Cosmonaut dogs. Next one will absolutely be [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] nn [name_u]Corny[/name_u].

My husband loves the name [name_f]Gerty[/name_f] too! I think we may have a cat or dog named that some day. Although he wanted to name our current dog, [name_f]Trixie[/name_f], when we got her eight years ago. She’s kind of too serious & stoic, so we named her [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] w/Beatrix as her mn. I guess we’ll have to get a goofier dog to pull off [name_f]Gerty[/name_f]!

Four cats would be the dream! [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] (f), [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] (f), [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] (m), and [name_m]Fleetwood[/name_m] (m).

I don’t really care about their genders, I just split it evenly for simplicity.

As of today I would have a cat named [name_f]October[/name_f] “Tobi” and a dog named [name_u]Kiba[/name_u] !!

Naming pets for me all depends on what type of animal and the breed. If I had two Siberian Huskies named [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]. If I had a third Husky I would name it [name_u]Sterling[/name_u].
Or if I had an Australian [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m], I think [name_u]Merle[/name_u] would be so cute.

@anon68906791 you should have a fish named great great grandmother [name_m]Bob[/name_m]

2 Likes