Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Serves me right for looking up the name [name_m]Llyr[/name_m].

10 Likes

@dogs_books oh my gosh, reading that made me laugh!

thank you for thinking of my combo, especially at such an important time haha. and thank you so much @may.rose as well!!

3 Likes

newposter101: [name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’m thinking about literary names for my first daughter and my forerunner right now is [name_f]Lady[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] de Bourgh. Is [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] too serious for a child? Also, I’m looking for uncommon nicknames. What do you think of Booger as a nickname for de Bourgh?

midwinterselfparody: Booger is definitely a stretch in both sound and spelling but I can sort of see how it would work!

4 Likes

“Naming prison”… :thinking::smirk::sunglasses:. [name_m]Can[/name_m] I be the warden? Sounds delightful!

4 Likes

Its said like chleer but it’s more of an L sound at the beginning if you actually wanted to know

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m trying to find a name for my daughter! Last name is seven letters and begins with r. I can’t tell you the full thing for privacy reasons, and I also won’t give you any examples of names I like or styles I’m drawn to! TIA!

6 Likes

It’s like the path of a bouncing ball:

6 Likes

Me, talking to my mom about my dog’s name: Why did we spell it M-a-r-g-o-t?

My mom: Because we’re not pretentious like m-a-r-g-a-u-x but we’re not totally unrefined like m-a-r-g-o.

Me: Oh… er, Aux. I mean, ot.

9 Likes

ughhhh that sounds annoying

I know a cute little [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. Her older brothers are [name_u]Drew[/name_u] and [name_u]Augustine[/name_u], and her younger brothers are [name_m]Gregory[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] (but they call him [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]).

1 Like

why does my post have a red line to the left of it?

oh now it’s gone sorry!

You know you’re a name nerd when you name all yours and your sister’s flowers and give them middles!

5 Likes

I just realized that I’ve given over 1000 likes! I thought I had given like 400 :joy:

2 Likes

OMG I’ve just looked and I’ve given 1.4K and got like 200 in return lol

5 Likes

I’ve given 1.3k and received 1.8k! Not bad for my first four months on nameberry lol! :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve given 1.0 and received 1.7 since I joined in late [name_f]April[/name_f]!

2 Likes

I can’t believe we’re all so new to the forums! I feel like I’ve been part of this community for forever!

2 Likes

I know! This morning I was like surely I’ve been here since like [name_u]January[/name_u], no, I’ve been here since MAY!!! That’s two months! Not like 7!

3 Likes

I’ve given 2.5k likes and recieved 2k apparently

2 Likes