Nameberry memes (Part 1)

evilest

4 Likes

I was watching a movie and this lady called to her kid, “[name_f]Romaine[/name_f], come here! You have a playdate with Wingspan and [name_u]Banjo[/name_u]!” :joy:

4 Likes

ha!

1 Like

“Thoughts on ‘Proof x (parent name) is the best’ and ‘I went to Spain once’ as a sibset, with the nicknames Proo and Iwenntie?

2 Likes

Umm…ok…I don’t get how [name_f]Caralyn[/name_f], [name_f]Susan[/name_f], [name_f]Hartleigh[/name_f], Parla, Raakel, Marei, [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are similar to any of the names I put in

More proof nameberry is the best!! :grin:

5 Likes

Definitely about Nameberry! also [name_f]Anna[/name_f] is an awesome name for the record (pronounced the ‘proper’ way (lol not trying to offend anyone I just think the other pronunciation is weird), An-uh with a sharp N.

2 Likes

Anna is a great name, ANNA!

1 Like

Guilty!

1 Like

Well, it’s just using records of family trees: Someone named [name_f]Caralyn[/name_f] was in the same family as someone named [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] or something, and so they got put on the same list. Still pretty funny :joy:!

1 Like

Joke?! Joke?!? JOKE?!?!?!

3 Likes

yikes that website really needs to find a better way of generating similar names

1 Like

Not a meme, but…

The longer I spend on this site, the braver my name taste gets. I found an old list from when I was in single digits today. Some names that I wouldn’t have considered even a year ago as anything other than a pet or fantasy character are starting to be appealing again. I’m starting to see names like [name_f]Morwenna[/name_f] as commonplace.

9 Likes

Me too! I haven’t even been on here a month and already my name taste is changing

2 Likes

I’ve only been active on the forums for a couple of months, and I only transferred my name list online this year, so for a long time I just used Nameberry as reference. I’m enjoying the site immensely, but I feel very impressionable and out of touch with the real world.

2 Likes

Okay, I do like the notification you get when someone @‘s you with the new update but I also kinda miss the rush when someone used to refer to you by your first name. Like, “omg, they know my name?! We’re on a first name basis?! We’re that close?! I have friends!?”

10 Likes

I actually feel like I use people’s names more since the update! I usually felt weird using them before for some reason :woman_shrugging:t2: But I do love when people use my actual “name” (well, my name in my head not my real one lol)!

4 Likes

@SparkleNinja18 @futuremama Honestly ever since I’ve included a name in my usercard the few times I’ve been mentioned by name have made me inordinately happy.

5 Likes

I love it when people mention me by name too!! feels like I’m friends with you all!

also I always enjoy reading this thread, I think I’m gonna join in by commenting now too if you all don’t mind! :blush:

4 Likes

Yes, join the party!

1 Like

thank you!! I didn’t want to interrupt or bother anyone!

2 Likes