Nameberry memes (Part 1)

In DOGS.

7 Likes

I get you there. Microsoft word has very narrow minded name taste.

9 Likes

My dad just claimed that [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] was an amazing name, that he loved it, and that I should put it on Nameberry.

1 Like

According to Microsoft Word, my name doesn’t even count as one. It’s literally not even that out there.

Well…lots of other people think so too. I do like it for a boy!

2 Likes

Wait what? I saw your uc is your name blue? If it is I think that counts as a name, I mean at least as much as [name_u]Grayson[/name_u]. But if your name isn’t blue what is it that it doesn’t count on Microsoft? (Totally not trying to be too personal just curious since I have an irregular name as well😉)

1 Like

Blue isn’t my real name. It’s [name_f]Ananya[/name_f], which is super popular in [name_f]India[/name_f], but apparently not here.

4 Likes

I don’t mind it either, although I’m not a fan of [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] Ziegler. Most people on Nameberry aren’t fans, though, based on my experience.

1 Like

That’s so pretty!

1 Like

That’s a very pretty name and maybe isn’t so odd since I’ve seen it before ( but I am a name nerd and am a sucker for interesting names😁)

@Kipperbo1, @anon73426543, @caramel107 - Thank you so much!

3 Likes

big mood
my tastes be like that one jojo/hamilton/gabbie hanna audio:
dorothy, enid, rhea, sonya: jotaro!
alberic, domnhall, melchior, taliesin: dio!
rin, vivid, arthen, lupin: alexander!
aquila, ever, puck, vesper: woah

2 Likes

@anon80426808 your name is beautiful!

I’ve never minded the name [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]. It’s not my style but I think it’s rather pretty, it’s just my main association with it is it not being well received on NB lol

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Nothing is as sad as when a new member asks a hard question and you dedicate like 10 minutes cultivating names for a very specific language/country of origin that you’re not familiar with and you give them a list of names that you think are beautiful… and they never respond to anyone in the chat ever again. That hits differently :pensive:

Ps. this is talking about a particular experience but it was over a month ago, in case anyone sees this and thinks I’m attacking one person now!

13 Likes

I’m sad to hear it’s been over a month and your still torn up about it! :pleading_face:

2 Likes

It’s ok but now I feel way more confident on names coming from some place that’s on another hemisphere than me!

2 Likes

Yeah, that sucks.

Sometimes the OP is active on the thread but just skips over me. And then they sometimes even compliment a name in someone else’s post that I listed first :unamused:

6 Likes

That stingssss

1 Like

Also, does anybody get annoyed for the OP when they ask for something specific and you feel like people don’t read it and answer wrong? Like it’s not my topic but I get sad for them.

Ex. [name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’m ABCMom a new member and I’m expecting boy #2 and my 5th child overall! The names are [name_f]Amy[/name_f], [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], & [name_u]Danny[/name_u]. We want that ending Y sound but would love to not repeat a letter! We love classic names but nicknamey and it doesn’t have to start with an E!

And all the responses are just…
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonita[/name_f]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
names ending in -er, -a, etc.

13 Likes