Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Tell him to stop following your names board. He can do that, lol, and then you can keep pinning whatever you want!

5 Likes

:astonished: :anguished: :expressionless:

1 Like

haha :grin:

1 Like

What other people do when they ~sneakily~ get on their phones during virtual school: Texting, instagram/other social media, youtube
what I do: Nameberry (We all knew where this was going)

12 Likes

Ack out of likes :pensive:

1 Like

Nothing puts into perspective how disliked the vast majority of names apparently are quite like those “rate this from 1-10” polls… am I the only one who doesn’t vote 3 or 4 on every name!!! :joy:

13 Likes

ikr!

1 Like

I remember back when I was a tween, I used to always watch reality TV shows and make comments on people’s names. But that all ended one day when I asked my mom what someone’s name was because I missed it. She got really mad for some reason and shouted “WHAT DOES IT MATTER? IT’S NOT ABOUT HER NAME!”

That wasn’t the main reason that I stopped, but it definitely was a factor.
I don’t know why talking about names is so taboo sometimes. I know it’s weird, but I think that it’s fairly innocent as far as weird interests go.

5 Likes

Baby Name Quiz

Q1: What’s your favorite movie?
X movie I haven’t seen - Name I don’t like
Y movie I haven’t seen - Name I don’t like
Z movie I haven’t seen - Name I love
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]’t seen any of these- Name I don’t like

Me: … well, guess whose favorite movie is Z now!

11 Likes

Somewhere in an alternate universe…

Teacher taking attendance: “[name_m]Henry[/name_m] LN?”

My child: “I go by [name_m]Gareth[/name_m].”

Teacher: “Um… what? Why?”

My child: “Well, my middle name is [name_u]Gardener[/name_u], and I guess [name_m]Gareth[/name_m] shares some sounds with that.”

Teacher: “Why didn’t your mom just name you [name_m]Gareth[/name_m]?”

My child: “Because she named me based on a [name_u]Baby[/name_u] Name Quiz. [name_f]My[/name_f] first name came from the question ‘[name_m]How[/name_m] many siblings do you have?’ and her answer was 2, which matched with [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. Only she hates the name [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and its variations, so she had to find a nickname from my middle name, which probably should’ve been something else, but she pretended her favorite color was green so she could use [name_u]Gardener[/name_u] and stretch it to call me [name_m]Gareth[/name_m].”

19 Likes

I just saw a thread with names similar to my style and was so excited that I forgot all my favorite names.

2 Likes

Sibling Names for [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]!

Also… I think it says something about my personality, the way that I always get so excited when I see a new “brutally honest opinions” thread :joy:

3 Likes

That’s so sad!!!

5 Likes

She used to yell a lot. Probably contributed to a lot of the negative personality traits that I had growing up. She’s gotten better, fortunately. She knows about my interest in names, still thinks it’s weird, but doesn’t seem to care anymore.

3 Likes

*laughs in second screen*
srsly tho, I don’t have a cam on the big PC so I could basically dance a [name_m]Tango[/name_m] during Zoom classes.

3 Likes

Seriously, I’m normally a good child. But I like feeling like a rebel, as long as there’s no actual chance of getting caught :joy:

And I like feeling like a cool kid by putting ~~~ around words

5 Likes

Same :joy::joy::joy:

Me: rules are stupid
Also me: but not all of them and I’m also scared of consequences

6 Likes

Yeah, I want three but I hate [name_f]Denise[/name_f] so… I’m just gonna say that I don’t know and get the short form of my favorite name!

Precisely :joy:

3 Likes

Me, who doesn’t necessarily want kids: I definitely want 8+ kids, now hand over [name_u]Marie[/name_u]

7 Likes

Am I the only one who, if I make a post on a thread like this thread or the teenberries thread (basically, any non-name-related thread) and it doesn’t get a like within a few minutes, suddenly start panicking that I said something offensive or simply boring or otherwise bad?

12 Likes