Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Da Husband
Da Wife

Da [name_m]Son[/name_m]
Da Daughter

18 Likes

Wasn’t expecting this when I woke up :joy:

14 Likes

Soooo, does anyone else say CAF in their head like the first syllable of caffeine?

32 Likes

i read it as “dead husband” in CAFs for my first couple weeks on nameberry and thought we were all just being morbid ^^

35 Likes

Omg that’s so funny but also lowkey dark hahaha

7 Likes

Yes, how else would you say it? If there is another or correct way, please let me know!

3 Likes

I think some people might refer to it as a “create a family” but caf like caffeine definitely seems like the better way :joy::joy:

6 Likes

But that’s so much effort?? Why would you say the whole big long create a family when you could just say caf?

4 Likes

Yeah… maybe a bit of a silly question. I guess maybe I notice extra because for a long time I didn’t even know what “caf” meant.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you are definitely not the only one - I didn’t know it stood for Create A Family until I actually found a thread where it was written out as that!

5 Likes

I mentally “say” it kind of like “Kay-aff” which makes no sense even to me.

1 Like

nameberry a couple weeks ago:

lilibet is the #1 name for girls! expect to meet many little lilibets in days to come.

nameberry now:

26 Likes

I say it kinda like that except instead of “Kay-aff”, I pronounce it “Kay-eff”.

1 Like

Ok also is there a reason people will write things out with numbers and symbols? Like instead of
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] and [name_f]Eveline[/name_f], they will put M@xw311 and 3ve1in3.

1 Like

Privacy reasons, that way you can know the name but aren’t able to just straight up copy and paste it into something

6 Likes

Oh ok got it. Thank you!

1 Like

No actually it’s just if someone Googles their names, Nameberry won’t come up as a result

You can still copy paste easily that wouldn’t make much sense

12 Likes

I don’t understand how Nameberry would come up on the first page of Google for any name except very uncommon ones. I see people using privacy symbols for names as common as [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] or [name_u]Anne[/name_u].

4 Likes

Hmm I tried a few times with semi-common names and it came up. I agree about common names though, someone used symbols for [name_f]Emma[/name_f] I was like ??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I understand the name’s page on the main site coming up, but specific forum threads that a person would be able to tell are talking about them?

[name_f]My[/name_f] name is rare enough that I can’t test with it, but I tested with [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] (the first not-super-common, not associated with a specific person/character name I thought of) and just searching “Marlena” doesn’t bring up NB at all on the first few pages of google.
“Marlena name” has the NB page for it (not the forums) as the fourth or fifth result.