Nameberry memes (Part 1)

I searched combos (without any additional words like “forum”) and the Nameberry was among the first results

[name_m]Just[/name_m] searched my top combo [name_f]Diana[/name_f] [name_f]Clarimond[/name_f] and a caf I created came up

7 Likes

Oh ok cool!

1 Like

Y’all think your pronunciations of CAF are bad, but my dyslexic self always reads “K-A-C” for some reason, and I am just now realizing it. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I say juhf

18 Likes

Scholastica’s recommendations list is based on my favourites wow

To clarify Scholastica is also in my favourites

19 Likes

[name_f]Scholastica[/name_f] is the best :grin:

I’m imagining what I’m going to have to say in the future if I ever name my daughter [name_f]Scholastica[/name_f]: :grin: :roll_eyes:

“No, I did not name my child after a book publisher, though I do love reading and would have?”

“No, my daughter does not hate her name”

“No, I am not a horrible parent for naming her Scholastica”

9 Likes

What if she did though? :grimacing:

3 Likes

lol you know i don’t think I’m going to use it but if I did and she did hate it, she’d use whatever nickname she wanted and if she really hated it we’d probably change it…

3 Likes

I’m worried whatever I name my kids, they will hate it. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

32 Likes

[name_f]Elena[/name_f], hi! I’ve been inactive and had no idea you were back, haha

1 Like

I encountered a family once whose sixth daughter (of seven) was named [name_f]Scholastica[/name_f].

[name_f]Leocadia[/name_f], [name_f]Severina[/name_f], [name_f]Crescentia[/name_f], [name_f]Desiderata[/name_f], [name_f]Illuminata[/name_f], [name_f]Scholastica[/name_f], and [name_f]Septima[/name_f].

I only met them twice but those names stuck with me.

33 Likes

:scream:

OH. MY. FLIPPING. GOODNESS. Those names are pure beauty!!!

2 Likes

It’s 2:30 AM right now (why am I still awake) but earlier I asked my mother how that family were doing (they’re friends/acquaintances of my family).
I last saw them 8 years ago, and now [name_f]Leocadia[/name_f] is 31 and has 4 kids (didn’t hear if any of the others had kids, I’ll ask tomorrow)
She obviously liked the style of her and her sisters’ names and managed to get her husband on board with it, because her children are called Theophilius (6m), Symphoria (4f), [name_f]Viridiana[/name_f] (2f), and Florius (nb m).

26 Likes

“We want something uncommon but not made up or too out there.”

The real quest is finding posts from expecting parents that do not fit this request

15 Likes

[name_m]Can[/name_m] this family adopt me thanks

11 Likes

septima

“Back when people had them”

I am now thinking about the concept that maybe the people I know had 7 kids on purpose just to have the opportunity to name one [name_f]Septima[/name_f] and have it make sense.

Either that or they just had them for other reasons but they saw their chance and took it.

13 Likes

tbh in that case I’d just suggest something from the 200-300s because you never know what people consider uncommon and I’ve been called a freak before for suggesting [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f] :confused:

12 Likes

:joy: I can relate, one of my aunts has nine (all girls, too)

4 Likes

Lowkey obsessed with the idea of twin girls named [name_f]Scholastica[/name_f] and Brittanica— [name_f]Lola[/name_f] and Britt!?

15 Likes