Nameberry memes (Part 1)

I thought their middle names were [name_m]Bunk[/name_m] and Bed :sneezing_face:

12 Likes

So it’s a smug pig name? Like, a name for a haughty pig?

12 Likes

[name_m]Can[/name_m] pigs even be haughty?? I mean they like. They don’t. Have class systems. [name_u]Or[/name_u] a government. As far as I can tell

7 Likes

You don’t necessarily have to have a class system in order to think you are better than someone else. Pigs are quite smart, I’m sure there are some pigs out there that think they are better than other pigs.

10 Likes

Ok this one I do get the reference to. Penelope was that movie about a girl with a pig nose lol.

14 Likes

I think that applies for any animal though :wink:

4 Likes

Animal Farm by [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Orwell[/name_m] ofc

15 Likes

That was my thought too

2 Likes

[name_u]Story[/name_u] time:

A few of my little cousins have a new puppy named [name_m]Ivan[/name_m]. Another cousin made a comment about [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] being “like, the most masculine name ever”, but my sister said she could think of plenty more masculine names than that.

He said, “Name one.”

She said, “John.”

:woman_facepalming:t3:

Needless to say, yes, of course I had to explain to them that [name_m]Ivan[/name_m] and [name_u]John[/name_u] are essentially one and the same. (I think I blew their minds because they didn’t believe me at first, and I had to prove it via the internet.) And, well…now they know.

What would the world do without name nerds? :smirk:

34 Likes

Guess your sister believes everything’s manlier in Russian.

30 Likes

I can just imagine your search history

25 Likes

I’m a touch late to the bandwagon but I was scrolling through btn comments and found this gem:

45 Likes

I love the matter of fact tone lol

8 Likes

Animal Farm would like a word :pig::pig_nose:

Ahhh, just noticed everyone beat me to it!

1 Like

Berries: I dunno, nn Bobby for Robert isn’t very intuitive
Also Berries: Hey, nn Jem works for Judah, right?

23 Likes

anybody else so proud of their nameberry memes??

47 Likes

Nameberry: Great replies are for fascinating, insightful responses!

Also nameberry:

I guess we just love our memes

37 Likes

I love how often @ethelmary is on there! She is clearly the wisest of us all! :clap:

Or it’s her humor that’s getting all of us :joy:

12 Likes

We really must :joy:

*Laurie’s pronouns are they/them (: they truly deserve the title of Meme Maestro!

25 Likes

When your poll on the Quick [name_u]Poll[/name_u] thread has 15 voters but the poll before it and the poll after it each have like 50 voters:

25 Likes