Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Me (earlier today, trying to name a character): His name will be [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] because [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] was the only one brave enough to kill the giant! (It’s supposed to be a ‘miracle’ baby)

Me (later today, halfway through service (in church)): [name_u]Or[/name_u] I possibly got my bible stories mixed up, & [name_u]Daniel[/name_u] was in the lion’s den (still brave… just not what I thought) & it was [name_u]David[/name_u] who faced the giant. :woman_facepalming: (Insert ‘open hand, insert face’ meme here).

15 Likes

hot take: that is a better spelling

3 Likes

In History class, students talking about the names of the kids in the scenario we were analyzing

“John is such a boring name.”
“John is like, the most common name ever.”

The kid next to me looks something up

Kid: “Actually, Liam was the most popular boy’s name in 2021”
Me: (scrolling mindlessly through Namberry) Well, duh.
Kid: What?
Me: Everyone knows that.
:woman_facepalming:
#being a name nerd in middle school

16 Likes

it would be difficult to convey the depths of disappointment i’m experiencing with you right now russ

10 Likes

When you decide to find names for your future kiddos that honor your cultures and then remember you’re like 20 different nationalities~

Thank You Next GIFs | Tenor

8 Likes

Literally me. It’s somewhere between 15 and 20

3 Likes

I mean… if it helps they both have stories related to lions

2 Likes

I keep getting this be a scout ad while watching youtube and every time I think it’s a Berry’s combo.
Screenshot 2022-10-04 4.00.20 PM

Like seriously, I think a berry created a website for their beloved combo [name_f]Bea[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]. Honestly I’m starting to like it.

35 Likes

Berries after writing the most thoughtful, thorough, and all around amazing post: anyways sorry that probably didn’t make any sense!

I see this all the time, you are all so much better at it than you think you are! :heart:

26 Likes

As one of the local ‘ranters’, thanks!

1 Like

My toxic trait is that sometimes I don’t vote for combos that contain names in my top 5 even if I like the combo because I don’t want to encourage the use of the name.

25 Likes

Feelin a little called out right now ngl :eyes:

1 Like

When you write a story and type ivy as in “the walls were filled with ivy” and your phone automatically capitalized it with the little suggestions suggesting “Miriam” as the next word :expressionless::raised_hands:

22 Likes

When geometry terms start sounding like names pt. 2. Tonight, Rhombus is sounding like a cute little boy…

15 Likes

When you love the way a name sounds… but not the way it looks :tired_face:

21 Likes

32 Likes

That’s why I like the really old boy names. :joy:

12 Likes

I love classic boy names. Especially nice and soft sounding ones so that made me laugh :joy:

10 Likes

I’ve definitely had this thought before! I think that’s why I steer clear of any “rugged” boys names :sweat_smile: I like [name_u]French[/name_u] [name_f]Princess[/name_f] names and [name_u]French[/name_u] [name_u]Prince[/name_u] names lol

4 Likes

When you have a geek-out moment after meeting your first Edie who isn’t 80 :wink:

12 Likes