Nameberry memes (Part 1)

19 Likes

Not me loving all these variations of my favorite name…

2 Likes

This is proof that even very traditional names will be messed up.

11 Likes

What happens when I forget to go on the NOTD and GPOTD threads for a few days:

26 Likes

Today on my parents ruining names:

Me: I discovered the name Aderyn yesterday! Isn’t it pretty?! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My mom: It reminds me of adderall
dreams crushed :broken_heart:

15 Likes

You’re gonna hate me but I thought of the same thing when I first saw it :sob: I can get the appeal tho

6 Likes

It doesn’t really sound all that much like adderall though, because it’s pronounced ah-DEH-rin not ADD-er-in… I would understand if the emphasis was on the first syllable, but otherwise I don’t really hear it! If that makes you feel any better.

8 Likes

When you change your UC four times a week :sunglasses:

11 Likes

@leafygreens nooOOoO

@Archer27 definitely makes me feel better- thank you :sob: I guess it wasn’t so much the exact pronunciation as it was the same “sounds”? If that makes any sense. She definitely has a very unintentional knack for finding issues I’d never notice about the names I like though

1 Like

Also I have to say- that was the first time I’ve posted on the memes thread and it was unnecessarily scary :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

people are interested in names?! :exploding_head: * pretends to be shocked *
26 Likes

*Me seeing names I love on the " What’s your least favourite “I don’t care if everyone loves that name , I don’t” first names?" thread *

good-evil

9 Likes

This is me, this is definitely me. I saw at least five names I like on there. :clap::sunglasses::partying_face:

3 Likes

I feel ya… I just did a major UC shrink (probably doesn’t look like it, though) and it’s actually sadder than I thought :two_hearts:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] last two NOTDs: [name_u]Wiley[/name_u] and [name_m]Otis[/name_m]

Not me realizing after the fact that they are both from Sex Education, a show i have never seen and know almost nothing about :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

sees a perfect name in the notd thread: Oh :))

the aesthetic emojis don’t fit how I see the name: Oh :((

23 Likes

I just had a dream that I took a long break from nameberry, and when I logged back in my title was changed to “Undevoted.” :upside_down_face:

Very scary stuff, but funny in retrospect :joy:

43 Likes

When you have a dream that witches are attacking you and wake up to wonder “what were their names?”

10 Likes

I had a dream last night that I was taking care of a baby girl named Raylynn.

4 Likes

I still can’t get over the time my friend thought [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] was spelled Quordelia

38 Likes