Nameberry memes (Part 1)

Geez, Nameberry, you don’t say.
21 Likes

In my theology class today the professor was doing attendance and came to a girl named Sophia’s name. He asked her if she knew what her name meant and she had absolutely no clue. The little name nerd in my head was shouting “wisdom! wisdom! wisdom! it’s Greek!”

he didn’t ask me what my name meant and i was a little sad because i would’ve known haha

28 Likes

But you know what’s worse? A girl in my class has an “unusual” name (no, it’s literally in top 50) and teachers often ask the meaning of it, she keeps saying this absolutely fake meaning she got from an incredibly unreliable website. Painful to hear.

26 Likes

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO DID THIS :rofl:

7 Likes

Me after a hard day of work, sighning into nameberrry
whats-the-gossip

17 Likes

Boy in my class: Completely mispronounces [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
Me:

19 Likes

I was on this website called see and ocean names and read this certainly, eh, interesting entry

• Booby: If you name your child after this sea bird, they are certain to have a unique name for the rest of their lives.

Definitely, uh, unique.

23 Likes

how….did he say it?

1 Like

Uh-nay
Like how do you get that from [name_u]Anne[/name_u]?

3 Likes

Was he a native [name_f]English[/name_f] speaker?

1 Like

Yes
There is a girl named [name_f]Ane[/name_f] in our grade, who pronounces it this way, so he may have been confused by that. It was the name of an actual person, and he had heard our teacher say the name the normal way many times.

4 Likes

I know an [name_u]Anne[/name_u] who pronounces it Ah-neh, actually! Confusing in an [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking country but I think it’s pretty.

4 Likes

The website has some good suggestions tho, been on it a few times when looking for themed names

3 Likes

Me: Hey Mum, can I ask you a question?
Mum: Sure!
Me: [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the name-
Mum: Oh not this again!

Me: So Mum, I’m thinking of calling my kids [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_f]Angeline[/name_f]. WDYT?
Mum: Sighs I hope your sending them to a private school

16 Likes

If any of you are on name tok, here is my viral idea for you: the song “we don’t talk about Bruno” contrasted with all the names that are similar to [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] that everyone talks about (like Hugo)

You’re welcome in advance :crown:

12 Likes

I’m especially fond of Potato, Grandma & blank space

28 Likes

Im surprised no one suggested their own name

16 Likes

This is literally how it always goes with me and my youngest sister. She literally cannot be bothered with my name obsession.

6 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] sister told me her favorite boy name is [name_m]Anakin[/name_m]. A surprise to be sure…but not a welcome one.

And my other reaction was this:

000anakin-giphy

29 Likes

I don’t mind the name [name_m]Anakin[/name_m], but that gif made me crack up :rofl:

6 Likes