Names ending in -tine?

So, I have only just begun to realize that my very favorite boys’ names ([name]Constantine[/name] and [name]August[/name]/[name]Augustine[/name]) both share the -tine ending, which I love. I was just wondering if there were anymore out there that I am unaware of :slight_smile: These are what I know of thus far, with help from Nameberry:

[name]Augustine[/name]
[name]Constantine[/name]
[name]Florentine[/name]
[name]Palatine[/name]
[name]Soutine[/name]

[name]Valentine[/name], like the holiday is a boy’s name ^^ other then that, I don’t know of any more…

Although I have to say, the -ine ending is mostly a feminine one, and I even think of [name]Augustine[/name] as a girl’s name… [name]Constantine[/name] and [name]Soutine[/name] are the only ones that sound masculine to me… It’s just my personal opinion, but I think it’s rather widespread… Like how names ending in A are traditionally feminine… There are exceptions, of course, like [name]Luca[/name], but the way things are going it won’t last…
If you spell it [name]Augustin[/name], it’s a different matter entirely though, but in my head, the pronounciation changes as well? I’m not sure… from AW-gus-teen to aw-[name]GUS[/name]-tin or something like that…

I feel awful for saying this, because it’s not like I don’t want you to use [name]Augustine[/name] for your boy, I just want you to know the possible consequences so you can take it into consideration when you make your choice, and make “an informed decision” or whatever… I’d hate to make you feel bad about things because of me, so I deeply apologise if that happens… [name]Truly[/name]!

[name]Edit[/name]: Looking for names ending in -tin, I also found [name]Corentin[/name] and [name]Laurentin[/name]… The latter pronounced lo-[name]REN[/name]-tin, so the first part doesn’t sound like [name]Laura[/name], which is good ^^

Oh, please don’t fret Dearest! This compiliation of names is nothing more than for my own name-loving self right now; I’m having a baby girl, not a boy :slight_smile: [name]Laurentin[/name] is ironically both a family name of ours and one of my favorites! [name]Corentin[/name] is neat, too, I like it! Thank you.

If we ever do have a little boy, we are more than likely using either [name]August[/name] or [name]Augustine[/name] for his name, because of the great personal meaning the month holds for my husband and I. I simply love [name]Augustine[/name] because it is similar to my beloved [name]Constantine[/name], which as I said has been my favorite name ever since I was a little girl. I just fear it will never flow very well with our daughter [name]Blake[/name]'s name :slight_smile:

You have nothing to apologize for, I assure you! I appreciate the feedback!

Depending on the ethnic variation, most of the male “-ine” names can also be spelled “in” or “yn”: [name]Konstantin[/name], [name]Valentin[/name], as well as the aforementioned [name]Augustin[/name] (which also contracts to [name]Austin[/name]). While the “-ine” ending may be somewhat more predominantly female in NA (and arguably [name]France[/name]), in NA this is mainly a 20thC trend. In terms of [name]Roman[/name] names ([name]Palatine[/name], [name]Augustine[/name], [name]Constantine[/name]) the ending is traditionally male. It may be worth minig a few books on [name]Roman[/name] emperors for more ideas.

This might not be your style at all but what about names ending in -tino. Definitely they are masculine.

Names like-

[name]Cristino[/name] - father to an old friend of mine.
[name]Valentino[/name] - a boy from my daughters class last year.
[name]Quintino[/name]
[name]Santino[/name]
Serefino
and so on.

[name]Austin[/name] as a contraction would go beautifully with [name]Blake[/name]…