Names for a Psychic

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! So I’m working on a story inspired by the Victorian spiritualism movement, which involved seances, ghosts, psychics, etc. I’m going to split up my combo [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f] [name_f]Avia[/name_f] and use it–sibyls were Greek oracles, and birds (the meaning of Avia) have long been seen as omens.

What are some other names that have meanings related to fortune telling, spooy stuff, or just seem to you like good names for psychic characters?

2 Likes

[name_m]Corbinian[/name_m] (means raven/crow)

Kanik (means blood :flushed:)

Merla/Merletta (both mean blackbird)

[name_u]Seren[/name_u] (means star)

1 Like

Those are great, thank you!

1 Like

[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] (after the Greek prophetess)
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f] (goddess of the underworld)

1 Like

Ooh, yes, I don’t know how I forgot that one.

1 Like

Sorry adding on: there’s also names like

[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f]
Rune/Runa

…that gives me the same vibes, but not necessarily meaning

1 Like

[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
Kaleode (kah-lee-oh-dee)
[name_f]Antigone[/name_f]
[name_f]Signe[/name_f]
Elmas

1 Like

Thank you both! I like all of those.

When it comes to names for psychic characters, here are a few ideas that come to mind.

When it comes to names for psychic characters, here are a few ideas that come to mind. Cassiopeia this name is inspired by the constellation of the same name, which is said to represent a queen from Greek mythology. Aurora, this name is associated with the dawn and new beginnings, fitting for a psychic character who helps people see the future. You may want to research the meanings and cultural connotations of any names you choose, as they can vary depending on context. In that case, you could check out online forums like reddit psychic, where people discuss psychic experiences and share information about psychic readers. Good luck with your story!