Names for "Blue" for a boy

Hello!

Looking for names that mean “[name]Blue[/name]” conjur up [name]Blue[/name], or a type of [name]Blue[/name] ([name]Cobalt[/name]) etc for a boy!

Thanks!

Hmmmm ‘blue’ names ae… Some I’ve found:

Livius - possible not the nicest sounding…
Sunil
[name]Indigo[/name] - although it’s kinda purple
[name]Teal[/name]
Gorman - ditto Livius
Aciano
Gentian
[name]Odell[/name]
[name]Rigel[/name]
[name]Cyan[/name] - this could really work, sounds similar to the popular [name]Ryan[/name].
[name]Jay[/name] - you have bluejays, right?
[name]Azure[/name]

Sorry, there weren’t really too many that screamed “usable”. You could always just go with [name]Blue[/name]? :slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

The only ones I could think of are [name]Indigo[/name] (nn [name]Indi[/name] is cute!) and [name]Blue[/name]/[name]Bleu[/name]. I like the suggested [name]Cyan[/name], too.

OH, I do like “[name]Cyan[/name]” - is it “[name]Kai[/name]-an” or “[name]Si[/name]-an”?

Oh good :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure it’s ‘sigh-an’ but you could pronounce it anyway you like :slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Cyan[/name] is a great suggestion. I’ve always heard it pn sigh-ann.
I also think [name]Cobalt[/name] is a good choice, and while I love [name]Indigo[/name] I always think of it as a girls name.

Others:
Sunil (Sanskrit for dark blue)
[name]Cerulean[/name]
Vervain – nature name, not sure if its masculine enough since they’re little blue flowers…
Aciano --another flower one, I think this is for blue-bottles? No idea how you say it though, I’ve only ever seen it written

hmmm… My thought is to use something that is often paired with “blue” but doesn’t mean “blue”. Or perhaps something pertaining to water or a specific body of water.

[name]Slate[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]
[name]Robbin[/name]
[name]Denim[/name]
[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]River[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Niles[/name]
[name]Danube[/name]