Names for nickname Lila?

I love the name [name_f]Lila[/name_f], but it feels to short for me.
What longer names could have [name_f]Lila[/name_f] as a nickname?

I think most names with a similar sound would work, eg. [name_f]Leyla[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Lianna[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], [name_f]Leilani[/name_f]…
Or you could hyphenate the name with another name (like [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Moss[/name_m]'s dd’s name [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] works well)
Or I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] works well on its own to be honest.

I don’t know if your currently expecting or not but if you are I would have a few different favs and then see what suits baby when she comes :slight_smile:

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] would be my first thought. [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is a gorgeous name.

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Lila[/name_f] on it’s own. But, I also love the name [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] with [name_f]Lila[/name_f] as a nickname.

I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is fine on its own.

You could give her a short middle name and call her by both names, if you like.
[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] maybe?

I would use [name_f]Lila[/name_f] as the full name. It’s beautiful.

Besides the quite popular [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] (which I’m not too fond of, personally), I think [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is darling. Other than that, I really don’t know. It may seem short, but it’s a legitimate name of its own. Is [name_f]Anna[/name_f] short? [name_f]Emma[/name_f]? [name_f]Lara[/name_f]? They’re all full names in their own right, as well, and the same length as [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is. I would use it all on its own, personally, but I think [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is a nice alternative.

Besides those two, I can’t really think of anything else.

Good luck!

Hmm that’s a tricky one. I would suggest not using [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], even though your family says it’s ok to use, it just doesnt seem right to me. I also agree that you/your family may be comparing them over the years.

It seems like you both are on board with [name_f]Lila[/name_f], if you want it as a nn maybe consider… [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Galilah[/name_f].

Other ideas:
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]