Names for the twins, boy & girl

Im expecting another set of twins! I have an 8 year old and the twins are just over a year now. I just found out im pregnant with twins again!

I would love some suggestions for names, and id also appreciate input on the names that im already interested in.

Heres some names that I really like so far…

[name_f]Girl[/name_f] and boy:

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Harlow[/name_f]

[name_f]Amity[/name_f] and [name_m]Odin[/name_m]

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_m]Gustav[/name_m]

1 Like

Wow, what a blessing! Congratulations :blush:

I really like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]! I love how they both start with O but the O’s make different sounds so they are distinct enough, yet similar.

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

You have a great selection of names however my favourite pairing is [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] & [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I think it’s sweet how they have the subtle connection with the O beginning yet the sound isn’t overpowering both names feel very distinctive despite that start. They have a romantic vibe and look gorgeous together.

I agree with the others. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] sound great.

First off congratulations!!! That’s so exciting

[name_f]Do[/name_f] your one year old twins have the same initial? If so I think [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] would be cute to keep the matching twin initial theme!

I’m honestly having hard time picking a favourite set because I love them all :sweat_smile:

I also am one for how all the sinking makes go together, so I think it’s hard for me to pick a top contender without hearing them all together (don’t stress though if you don’t want to share because I 100% understand with privacy!!)

Wow! That’s so exciting!

I’m a twin and against matchy-matchy twins names. You don’t seem to be going for that but I wouldn’t even do repeat first letters myself.

Here are some suggestions:

Astrid & Marlowe (b) - I prefer Marlowe (from Christopher Marlowe) for a boy than Harlow.

Cecily & Gustav or Cecily & Oscar - Oscar if you think Gustav might trip people up (I like Gustav - but Oscar is very winsome and easier for most English speakers).

I prefer Cecily to Ophelia because I like Ceci or similar over any Ophelia nicknames, but if you want to go for Ophelia, how about Ophelia & Gustav so not matching O’s. Or go for best of both: Cecilia!

I don’t mind Amity and Odin, I just prefer some of your others.

You might also like:

Tabitha & Rafferty
Ingrid & Sebastian
Amybeth & Winston
Fleur & Casper
Claudia & Otis
Romilly & Bastian

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] sound gorgeous together !

some other names you might like:
[name_m]Kaspar[/name_m]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]August[/name_m]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m]
Romelia
[name_m]Asa[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_m]Flynn[/name_m]

Great list!

Other names I like paired…

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]:
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]

[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]:
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]

[name_f]Amity[/name_f]:
[name_f]Joyce[/name_f]
[name_f]Myra[/name_f]

[name_m]Odin[/name_m]:
[name_m]Nico[/name_m]
[name_m]Elias[/name_m]

[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]:
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Hendrik[/name_m]

[name_m]Gustav[/name_m]:
[name_m]Ragnar[/name_m]
[name_m]Boris[/name_m]

Congratulations!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of these suggestions is [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. Both great names.

Some suggestions for more girl names:
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Marlowe[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]

Some suggestions for more boy names:
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]August[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Oberon[/name_m]
[name_m]Rowan[/name_m]
[name_m]Arlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts on your list:

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] & Harlow-I think that these go really well together, but [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] is way more common for a girl. I don’t care for it period to be honest; it reminds me too much of the word harlot. I like [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] in theory; it’s different & a little mystical. It’s just a tad too heavy though for me to get on board.

[name_f]Amity[/name_f] & Odin-These are great for twins! I don’t love Amity; not sure what it is. It just sounds weird when I say it out loud, but it’s different & really cool with [name_m]Odin[/name_m].

[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] & Oscar-I love love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. It’s handsome & quirky & vintage but feels fresh. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is okay, but it’s so dramatic that I don’t love it. And I’m not a fan of twins sharing initials. These do go well together stylistically though.

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] & Oscar-These are great together. Kind of artsy but kind of spunky. Not too complicated but rather unique. I do like [name_m]Gustavo[/name_m] a little more than [name_m]Gustav[/name_m], but either way the nn [name_m]Gus[/name_m] is adorable if you like that.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]. Congrats!

I don’t like matchy twin names. I love your list.

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] & [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] & [name_m]Gustav[/name_m] are tied for me! Fun twin names.

I also like the name [name_f]Amity[/name_f].

[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Sabine[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Keturah[/name_f], [name_f]Inga[/name_f], [name_f]Margreth[/name_f], Eilith, [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Enid[/name_f], [name_f]Darla[/name_f], [name_f]Damaris[/name_f], [name_f]Merrily[/name_f], [name_f]Katrin[/name_f]

[name_m]Dorian[/name_m], [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_m]Damen[/name_m], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], [name_m]Abbott[/name_m], [name_m]Damien[/name_m], [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_m]Warren[/name_m], [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m], [name_m]Anders[/name_m]

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] is great however [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] would be a great girls’s name too. This is defiitely my favorite of your combonations.

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] would be great for a boy’s name and fits this vibe. [name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_f]Harlow[/name_f] or [name_m]Asher[/name_m] and [name_f]Piper[/name_f] are two combinations that I think would go well.

I think [name_m]Odin[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] are more vintage but both sound good. [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] would be nice as would [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_m]Auden[/name_m]. or even [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f].

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] and [name_m]Gustav[/name_m] sounds very nordic and swedish (not sure if you are from there) but it gives very scandinavian vibes. [name_f]Celia[/name_f] is also a name that is very pretty.

I thinkk you’d also like [name_m]Bentley[/name_m] and [name_f]Aria[/name_f]