Names for twin boys?

My husband and I are expecting twin boys! We currently have a daughter who is named [name]Leona[/name] [name]Rae[/name] Hightower. My husband and I would like for our sons to middle names that start with B, so we are thinking about [name]Brandon[/name], [name]Bryce[/name], [name]Bradley[/name], or [name]Braxton[/name].

As for first names we want something with a common theme, as in similar meanings. But we aren’t looking for them to have the same initials.

[name]Do[/name] you want [name]Leona[/name] and the twins to all have the same meaning? Or just amongst the twins?

[name]Leona[/name] - Meaning: “a lioness”
The only boys names I found meaning “lion” (that don’t start with “L”) are [name]Napoleon[/name] and [name]Simba[/name]…I think both are NOT good names :frowning:

[name]How[/name] about if they are all animals?
*[name]Arden[/name] - Meaning: “valley of the eagle”
[name]Barrett[/name] - Meaning: “bear strength”
[name]Borden[/name] - Meaning: “den of the boar”
[name]Callum[/name] - Meaning: “dove”
[name]Corbin[/name] - Meaning: “raven”
*[name]Gavin[/name] - Meaning: “little hawk”
[name]Marlon[/name] - Meaning: “little hawk” (would be great combo, but I can’t get [name]Marlon[/name] [name]Brando[/name] out of my head)
I like the combo of [name]Arden[/name] and [name]Barrett[/name] OR [name]Gavin[/name] and [name]Marlon[/name] (with the exception of the above statement)

Or if only the boys’ names mean the same:

Handsome:
[name]Allen[/name]
*[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Kenneth[/name]
[name]Kevin[/name]

Having to do with [name]King[/name]:
*[name]Darius[/name]
[name]Stephen[/name]
*[name]Owen[/name] (but popular)
[name]Delroy[/name]
[name]Rex[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Rory[/name]
*[name]Cashel[/name]
*[name]Garrick[/name]
[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Walden[/name]
[name]Thurman[/name]
[name]Fallon[/name]
[name]Domino[/name]
*[name]Eastman[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]
I like the combo of [name]Darius[/name] and [name]Cashel[/name] OR Eastmon and [name]Delroy[/name]

Meaning Blessed:
*[name]Asher[/name]
*[name]Benedict[/name]
*[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Sealey[/name]
[name]Wyn[/name]
I like the combo of [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Bennett[/name]

Meaning Loved:
*[name]Callahan[/name]
[name]Milos[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name]
[name]Howard[/name]
[name]Phillip[/name] and [name]Howard[/name] is a nice combo!

Having to do with Water: (I think this is my favorite group)
[name]Caspian[/name]
[name]Danube[/name]
*[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Ford[/name]
[name]Thames[/name]
*[name]Wade[/name]
*[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Westbrook[/name]
[name]Rayburn[/name]
[name]Carlow[/name]
*[name]Lincoln[/name]
[name]Holmes[/name]
*[name]Monroe[/name]
[name]Trent[/name]
[name]Remington[/name]
*[name]Deveraux[/name]
[name]Morrisey[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Calder[/name]
[name]Remington[/name] and [name]Deveraux[/name] sounds so fun and exotic! I also like [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Wade[/name] OR [name]Morrisey[/name] and [name]Monroe[/name] OR [name]Calder[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name].

(includes the word) [name]Little[/name]:
*[name]Darren[/name]
[name]Conan[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Regan[/name]

This post just got ginormous…I’ll stop there. Let us know if any of these float your boat :slight_smile: And we can go from there…

Or…is there a particular “theme” you’re hoping for? Nature, literary, etc?
(* indicates one I particularily like)

Well actually, [name]Leona[/name] is our “modern” spin on an older relatives name. What we are just looking to avoid is having children with over common names like [name]Jacob[/name] or [name]Michael[/name].

I really love the name [name]Darius[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]/ [name]Braxton[/name]!

When I said common theme I meant like either similar meanings, or if we were going for classic dancers as a theme, [name]Fred[/name] and [name]Gene[/name]. I think that I made that a little clearer. Thank you for being such a big help!

We actually thought up the idea to maybe name them after war heroes? I’ll tell you more when we have more!

I’m intrigued by the war heroes thing…
So I looked stuff up. Here’s some of the names I found that appealled to me in some way.

Medal of [name]Honor[/name] Recipients: (you can do a google search to learn more about these men)
World War II (there’s so many here, I’ll only do this one for now :slight_smile: )

Beauford T. [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Richard[/name] B. [name]Anderson[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] A. [name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Daniel[/name] J. [name]Callaghan[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] W. [name]Davis[/name]
[name]Forrest[/name] E. [name]Everhart[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] T. Gammon
[name]Oscar[/name] G. [name]Johnson[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] J. Kerstetter
[name]Truman[/name] Kimbro
[name]Alton[/name] W. Knappenberger
[name]Raymond[/name] L. [name]Knight[/name] ([name]Knight[/name] would be an AWESOME middle)
[name]William[/name] R. Lawley, [name]Jr[/name]. (Lawley is another great middle)
[name]Jacklyn[/name] [name]Harrell[/name] [name]Lucas[/name] (youngest recipent…had just turned 17)
[name]Jackson[/name] C. Pharris
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Phelps[/name] ([name]Wesley[/name] is a super favorite of mine, this man layed on top of a grenade to save others in the foxhole…great man)
[name]Everett[/name] P. Pope
[name]Lawson[/name] P. Ramage
[name]Foster[/name] J. [name]Sayers[/name]
[name]Max[/name] [name]Thompson[/name]
[name]Grant[/name] F. Timmerman
[name]James[/name] R. [name]Ward[/name]
[name]Eli[/name] L. Whiteley

I like the combos of:
[name]Eli[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] and [name]Truman[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name] Lawley and [name]Everett[/name] [name]Knight[/name] (wanted to do one with the mn :slight_smile: )

I’m sorry that I haven’t replied, but [name]Lena[/name] has a fever and it is not an easy task.
I really do like the combination of [name]Eli[/name] [name]Bradley[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Bryce[/name]. Plus I like how [name]Wesley[/name]'s nickname could be [name]Wes[/name], so they would be Eil and [name]Wes[/name]. Now I just have to see what the hubby thinks!

Oh, I understand :slight_smile: I was just really into your thread (as you can prolly tell :slight_smile: )
I was thinking…if you’d like [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Wes[/name] as nn you could name [name]Eli[/name] either [name]Elias[/name] or [name]Elijah[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are great names :slight_smile:
Good [name]Luck[/name] with the hubby :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I like your suggestions, but we have concerns over name popularity. We love the name [name]Elijah[/name], but it seems like everyone is starting to love that name too. The hub though is not really sold on [name]Wesley[/name] because to him it sounds so much like [name]Leslie[/name].

It almost seems like we are back at where we started. We’ve asked our daughter what we should name the twins and she has taken to calling them [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Lee[/name]. (We are big [name]Rush[/name] Hour fans). So now we don’t know what we even want to name them.

[name]Do[/name] you think that [name]Riley[/name] [name]Braxton/name and… we don’t really know if we should call the twins [name]Carter[/name] and [name]Lee[/name], but we think those would be cute little nn

I love this idea posted earlier: [name]Morrisey[/name] (nn [name]Morris[/name]) and [name]Monroe[/name]! [name]Morris[/name] & [name]Monroe[/name]…great combo! If you’re concerned about popularity, I’d probably stay far away from [name]Braxton[/name]…and any -ayden/-axton name, actually!

We don’t really care about the popularity of the middle names. We wanted them to be B names though to honor their father, since we don’t like the idea of naming one twin a jr.

So we actually picked out the names today! I was picking [name]Leona[/name] up from pre-k the other day. She told me that her teacher had been teaching them the presidents (It started in [name]January[/name]). She was naming off the new ones that they had learned about. I liked how most of their names sounded and got the idea to name the boys after them. We’ve choosen…

[name]Dwight[/name] [name]Braxton[/name] and [name]Lyndon[/name] [name]Bradley[/name]