~names from alice in wonderland~ šŸ°

i always have loved this book since childhood and this book means a lot to me. any language is okay. do you have names that are related to alice in wonderland? i donā€™t know, character names, variations of alice, names that mean ā€œhareā€, names inspired by inner jokes, references, exc. anything. thank you! :bouquet::tulip:

hattie, arlen, and dinah come to mind. i also love albie as an alternative to alice! :blossom:

1 Like

Having recently read [name_f]Alice[/name_f] for the first time all the way through, I have sooo many ideas for you!! Forgive the essay to comeā€¦

First off is of course sweet [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. Such a gorgeous name. So classic, so solid, so adventurous, and so prim. One my all time favorite names. Next up is [name_f]Dinah[/name_f], after Aliceā€™s little kitten! [name_f]Queenie[/name_f] could work for the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of Hearts. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] for the flowers in the garden, and also for the Queenā€™s roses. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] are two of Aliceā€™s schoolmates, who she thinks perhaps sheā€™s turned into as sheā€™s so discombobulated when first entering Wonderland. [name_f]Lory[/name_f] is one of the first animals [name_f]Alice[/name_f] meets, and makes a gorgeous name (or nickname for some beautiful name like [name_u]Florence[/name_u], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f], etc)! A fun double barrel that the White Rabbit calls [name_f]Alice[/name_f] when she finds herself trapped in his house is [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], which is the name of the Rabbitā€™s housekeeper of sorts. Thereā€™s also a chapter in which a soup is prepared with immense amounts of pepper, so [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] would absolutely work (itā€™s also a name used in this chapterā€™s title). There is much pepper in food mentioned throughout, too. [name_f]Cat[/name_f] after the Cheshire [name_f]Cat[/name_f] would be marvelous! [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] after [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] [name_m]Beaumont[/name_m] (the actress who voiced [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in the Disney animated adaptation) would also be sublime. Such a gorgeous name. [name_u]Raven[/name_u] after the famous line, ā€œwhy is a raven like a writing desk?ā€ is also excellent. [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] also comes to mind, as an honor for the fan-favorite Mad Hatter! There is also a Duchess character, so Duchess works as well. Last but not least, there is the beautiful name of Pleasance (the middle name of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] Liddell, for whom the books were written and on whom the character of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is based).

Thereā€™s also plenty of boy options! [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] and [name_u]Carrol[/name_u] come to mind first, after the author. [name_m]Bill[/name_m] is one of the characters (a lizard who works as a chimney sweep), so [name_m]Bill[/name_m] or [name_u]William[/name_u] would be great. [name_u]William[/name_u] could be the parent name of [name_m]Bill[/name_m], but there is also a brilliant a poem in the book about Father [name_u]William[/name_u] thatā€™s just one of the best pieces in the whole story! So, that works doubly well. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] and [name_u]Ace[/name_u] would be wonderful after the playing cards. [name_m]Beaumont[/name_m] or [name_u]Beau[/name_u] after actress [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] [name_m]Beaumont[/name_m] would be dashing on a boy!! [name_m]Gryphon[/name_m] is among the creatures [name_f]Alice[/name_f] meets, and could make for a great name.

[name_u]March[/name_u] after the [name_u]March[/name_u] Hare would be glorious on a boy or girl, first or middle. [name_u]Pepper[/name_u] could also fall into this unisex category, as could [name_u]Raven[/name_u], I believe!

Names in list formatā€¦
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Queenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Lory[/name_f]
[name_u]Pepper[/name_u]
[name_f]Cat[/name_f]
[name_f]Kathryn[/name_f]
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
Pleasance
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_u]Carroll[/name_u]
[name_m]Bill[/name_m] (or [name_u]Billie[/name_u] for a girl!)
[name_u]William[/name_u]
[name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Ace[/name_u]
[name_m]Beaumont[/name_m] or [name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Gryphon[/name_m]

Hopefully this is helpful!! I am so excited about your post. I adore [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland, myself. X :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Hareton (for hares)
Hart/Hartley (queen of hearts)
[name_m]Chester[/name_m] (for Cheshire Cat?)
Goldie/Golden (from the poem that starts the novel)

2 Likes

@snowmaiden has definitely nailed the [name_f]Alice[/name_f] references. I will just add some from the [name_m]Tim[/name_m] [name_m]Burton[/name_m] movie version for more options.

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Helen[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogene[/name_f]

Kingsleigh/Kingsley

[name_m]Bayard[/name_m]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
Ascot
[name_u]Charles[/name_u]

1 Like