Names from my Family Tree--Thoughts?

I’ve been doing some genealogical research, and I’ve run across some interesting names. Some I like, others I don’t. What are your thoughts?

[name]Male[/name]
[name]Alonzo[/name] - his middle name was [name]Bird[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Dixon[/name]
[name]Harley[/name]
[name]Joab[/name]
[name]Luther[/name]
Stark - a great uncle’s middle name

Female
[name]Albina[/name]
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Delpha[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]
[name]Lula[/name]
[name]Zellah[/name]
[name]Zona[/name]

I like these quite a bit:

[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Dixon[/name]-GP
[name]Harley[/name]-GP
[name]Joab[/name]-I like it spelled [name]Job[/name]
[name]Luther[/name]
Stark-this would be totally cool to see on a little boy

[name]Delpha[/name]-this is cool, though I prefer [name]Delphia[/name]
[name]Hattie[/name]-this is cute, its making a comeback
[name]Lula[/name]-so sweet
[name]Zellah[/name]-pretty, prefer it spelled [name]Zella[/name], though
[name]Zona[/name]-this has grown on me lately, I guess it was quite common in the 19th-century, especially as a nn for [name]Arizona[/name]

Of the boys, [name]Bennett[/name] is my favorite. When I see Stark, all I can think of is “stark naked”…sorry. :slight_smile:

I do like [name]Zella[/name]/[name]Zellah[/name], [name]Hattie[/name], and [name]Lula[/name]. ([name]Lula[/name] [name]Viola[/name] was the name of one of my great-grandmothers, so I’m kind of partial to it).

@shaymin2 I was a little surprised to find two ancestors with the name [name]Zona[/name] (the second one was named after the first). It’s been growing on me, too.

@zuzu19 [name]Lula[/name] [name]Viola[/name] is really adorable.

I love the name Stark! I don’t remember how it caught my attention but I just recently added it to my list a few weeks ago.

I really like [name]Lula[/name] and I think [name]Bennett[/name] is really cute too

@shaymin2 I know someone called [name]Joab[/name] who pronounces it [name]JO[/name]-ab rather than like [name]Job[/name]. I think they are actually separate names, but check me on that.

These are so cool, especially [name]Bennett[/name], [name]Hattie[/name] and [name]Lula[/name]. Stark and [name]Zellah[/name] are really interesting too, and [name]Harley[/name] would fit right in with current trends.