Names from The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

I just started reading ‘The Distant Hours’ by [name]Kate[/name] [name]Morton[/name] today (she also wrote the novels “The House at Riverton” and “The Forgotten Garden” and it has some amazing names in it.

The book centers around the 3 [name]Blythe[/name] sisters who are spinsters and live in an old and crumbling castle in the English countryside.

Their names are:

Twins [name]Seraphine[/name] and [name]Persephone[/name], who go by Saffy and [name]Percy[/name]

and little sister [name]Juniper[/name], who goes by [name]June[/name].

The protaganist is [name]Edith[/name], who goes by [name]Edie[/name].

I think [name]Seraphine[/name] “Saffy” and [name]Persephone[/name] “[name]Percy[/name]” are fabulous and [name]Percy[/name] and Saffy are brilliant nicknames. I would TOTALLY name by daughter [name]Persephone[/name] and call her [name]Percy[/name]! I think [name]Juniper[/name] is lovely as well, I think I would call her [name]June[/name] or Junebug. :). And I like [name]Edie[/name] and [name]Edith[/name], but I love [name]Evie[/name] and [name]Evangeline[/name] more.

Thoughts on these names/nicknames?

Wow, what are the chances? Two of those names are on my shortlist (of 10 names) for future daughters. Now you have me all worried that they’re going to get popular! :lol:

Well, I think I’ll have to go and read that book, then.

[name]Auburn[/name]