Names From World Without End

Hello Berries, have any of you watched the TV series “World Without End” based on on a novel by [name_m]Ken[/name_m] Follett? I love British history so it’s a favourite show of mine. The story is set in the 1300’s around the period of the Hundred Years War and [name_m]Black[/name_m] Plague the time in the 1300’s when the story is based. It has everything a good historical drama from that era should contain: power struggles, military battles, sibling rivalry, costumes, peasants, royalty, marriage, murder, knights, death, religion, greed, revenge etc…I thought I would list all of the main cast and the characters they portray. I have bolded my faves below. Are there any names I’ve missed? Are there any names you like?

Cast and characters

[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] [name_m]Nixon[/name_m] as Petranilla
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f] [name_m]Richardson[/name_m] as Mother [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_m]Ben[/name_m] [name_m]Chaplin[/name_m] as Sir [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Langley[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_f]Firth[/name_f] as [name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_u]Riley[/name_u] as [name_f]Caris[/name_f]
[name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_m]Weston[/name_m]-[name_m]Jones[/name_m] as Merthin
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_m]Evans[/name_m] as Godwyn
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] von Waldstätten as [name_f]Gwenda[/name_f]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]-[name_m]Cohen[/name_m] as [name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] Gadon as Phillippa
[name_f]Hera[/name_f] Hilmar as [name_f]Margery[/name_f]
[name_m]Carlo[/name_m] Rota as [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_f]Aure[/name_f] Atika as [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_m]Tom[/name_m] [name_m]Cullen[/name_m] as Wulfric
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Bradley[/name_u] as Brother [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_f]Indira[/name_f] Varma as [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] Wise
[name_m]Ian[/name_m] Pirie as Elfric
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] Boulton as [name_f]Sister[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u] Ritson as [name_m]Edward[/name_m] III
[name_f]Megan[/name_f] Follows as [name_f]Maud[/name_f]

Yes, I liked it!

My favourite names would be:
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_f]Caris[/name_f]
Godwyn
[name_f]Gwenda[/name_f]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_f]Margery[/name_f]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
Wulfric
Elfric

There’s also a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and an [name_m]Alan[/name_m] in there, but they weren’t major characters. I like the names though.

I also loved The Pillars of the [name_f]Earth[/name_f], have you seen that one? It had a Remigius in it!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Ottilie[/name_f], thank you for reminding me about “Pillars of the [name_f]Earth[/name_f]”. This list of the cast and their characters is for you! The man who played Remigius has the great name of [name_m]Anatole[/name_m] :slight_smile:

Pillars of The [name_f]Earth[/name_f] Cast and Character List

[name_m]Ian[/name_m] McShane as Waleran Bigod - what a great name for a baddie! :slight_smile:
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m] Sewell as [name_m]Tom[/name_m] Builder
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] Macfadyen as [name_m]Prior[/name_m] [name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Eddie[/name_m] Redmayne as [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] - [name_m]How[/name_m] cool is the surname Redmayne?
[name_f]Hayley[/name_f] Atwell as [name_f]Aliena[/name_f]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m] Garrigan as [name_m]Alfred[/name_m] Builder
[name_u]Tony[/name_u] [name_u]Curran[/name_u] as [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] [name_m]Parish[/name_m] as [name_u]Regan[/name_u] Hamleigh
[name_m]David[/name_m] [name_m]Oakes[/name_m] as [name_m]William[/name_m] Hamleigh
[name_m]Robert[/name_m] Bathurst as [name_u]Percy[/name_u] Hamleigh
[name_f]Alison[/name_f] Pill as [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Maude[/name_f]
[name_u]Sam[/name_u] Claflin as [name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] as [name_f]Martha[/name_f] Builder- the name of the actress is quite cool!
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_m]Holt[/name_m] as [name_f]Martha[/name_f] (Older)
[name_m]Gordon[/name_m] Pinsent as the Archbishop
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] Wörner as [name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_m]Anatole[/name_m] Taubman as Remigius
[name_m]Donald[/name_m] Sutherland as [name_m]Earl[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
Götz [name_m]Otto[/name_m] as [name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u] Lourie as [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_u]Jody[/name_u] [name_m]Halse[/name_m] as [name_m]Johnny[/name_m] Eightpence - this name is too cute not to bold!
[name_m]David[/name_m] Bark-[name_m]Jones[/name_m] as [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_m]Dickie[/name_m] as [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] Builder
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u] [name_m]Johnston[/name_m] as Brother [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
Marl [name_m]Phelan[/name_m] as [name_m]Otto[/name_m] Blackface
[name_m]Tibor[/name_m] Pinter as [name_m]Jacques[/name_m] Shareburg
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] Boath as [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] II
[name_m]Clive[/name_m] [name_m]Wood[/name_m] as [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] I
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u] [name_m]Booth[/name_m] as [name_m]Eustace[/name_m]
[name_m]Matt[/name_m] [name_m]Devere[/name_m] as [name_m]Robert[/name_m] of Gloucester
[name_m]Feodor[/name_m] Atkine as [name_u]Abbot[/name_u] Suger
[name_m]Ken[/name_m] Follett as a merchant