🐚 Names in Color

I keep seeing people talking about seeing names in colors. I, unfortunately, cannot unless one of the names is actually a color name. I was just wondering about my names so if anyone could help me out, I’d appreciate it.

There are 2 different directions I’m looking at going with my names (hence the 2 sets) and a couple of them have either FN or MN options. Although I have 6 names for each set (3 boy, 3 girl), I’m still trying to nail the 5th and 6th names down further, so I’m only listing the first 4 in each set.

GIRLS

[name_m]Set[/name_m] 1:

• [name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï
  • Tëgᴀn [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ

[name_m]Set[/name_m] 2:

• Tëgᴀn [name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ
  • Ëlvᴀ [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ / [name_f]Suvi[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ / [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ

BOYS

• [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Oren[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] Mïkël [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] / [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] / [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]

I’m not sure if this is exactly what you’re asking, however these are the colours I see with these names. Some of them don’t associate much of a strong colour in my mind, so sorry this isn’t a super complete answer! Open the summaries for colours.

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 4.38.14 PM

Tëgᴀn [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 4.40.00 PM

Tëgᴀn [name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ I’m not sure about. I thought purple at first but then the purple went away and now I have no idea. The other girl combos definitely provoke more imagery and colour to me!

Ëlvᴀ [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 4.41.42 PM

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Oren[/name_m]

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 4.42.30 PM

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] Mïkël [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]

Screenshot 2020-11-28 at 4.43.14 PM

1 Like

To me…

• Annika Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï - this feels like sunrise colors to me-- pink, orange, purple, and golden yellow. Älᴀnï is a teal color but with the rest of the combo feels more yellow.
  • Tëgᴀn Autumn Wïnïkᴀ - this combo overall feels orange-y (probably because of the name [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], which always brings to mind Fall leaves). Wïnïkᴀ feels blueish-gray.
  • Tëgᴀn Annika Örëstïnᴀ - this feels orange and pink to me, with golden undertones (Tëgᴀn is orange, [name_f]Annika[/name_f] is pink, and Örëstïnᴀ is golden)
  • Ëlvᴀ Autumn Wïnïkᴀ - this is pale gray-blue like an [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] sky
  • Suvi Autumn Wïnïkᴀ - this feels similar to the above combo but slightly more purplish
  • Elowen Autumn Wïnïkᴀ - [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] is pink to me, [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] is orange, and Wïnïkᴀ is pale blue-gray
  • [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Oren[/name_m] - a mix of navy blue and camo green
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] Mïkël Bodhi - teal
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] - pale blue
  • [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] - blues and reds ([name_m]Mark[/name_m] feels red but the other two feel blue)

I hope this makes sense! Some combos I felt like had an overall color scheme but some the individual names within the combo had strong colors but I didn’t have anything for the combo as a whole. I only somewhat associate names and colors, so I don’t have perfect answers for all of them- I really don’t think about the colors for my own names, but if somebody says “what color are these” or “what names feel blue?” I do usually have answers :blush:

1 Like

[name_u]Truly[/name_u] no rhyme or reason to how my brain assigns color! I hope this helps!

Annika Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï — dusty pink. Separately, [name_f]Annika[/name_f] always reads dusky to me, and [name_f]Orestina[/name_f] is deep & cool toned. [name_u]Alani[/name_u] is a salmon pink or a spring time peachy color—but [name_f]Orestina[/name_f] overrules the warmer tones to me.
Tëgᴀn Autumn Wïnïkᴀ — burnt orange/terracotta. [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] is forest green on its own (but [name_u]Teagan[/name_u] a bright orange), [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] reads bright red. [name_f]Winika[/name_f] is sky blue alone.

Tëgᴀn Annika Örëstïnᴀ — emerald green.
Ëlvᴀ Autumn Wïnïkᴀ — pearl white, almost opaline — [name_f]Elva[/name_f] being a bright white.
Suvi Autumn Wïnïkᴀ — pale gold, a few shades darker than champagne; [name_f]Suvi[/name_f] is bright, bright yellow.
Elowen Autumn Wïnïkᴀ — soft baby pink, which is also how [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] reads to me on its own!

Matthew Lee Oren — maroon or a deep cherry red. [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] alone is very neutral to me, a pale blue. [name_u]Lee[/name_u] is orange, and [name_m]Oren[/name_m] a green-gold.
Sebastian Mïkël Bodhi— seafoam green. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is a deep green, [name_m]Mikel[/name_m] is deep pink & [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] a bluish gray!
Sebastian Micah Bodhi—dove gray. [name_u]Micah[/name_u] is a soft, grassy green.
Sebastian Mark Bodhi—true red. [name_m]Mark[/name_m] is like a reddish-mauve color!

Really, really love [name_u]Tegan[/name_u] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Winika[/name_f] & [name_f]Elva[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Winika[/name_f]!

1 Like

These are perfect.

@eileithyia I love the colors you see. I’ve always wondered, and you see my names as some of my favorite colors! The ones that struck me hardest were [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Oren[/name_m], Ëlvᴀ [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ and [name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï.

Completely understand.

@EagleEyes The descriptions you added to each name combo’s color(s) is giving me a visual of how you see it. I can see the colors as I’m reading them. [name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï and Tëgᴀn [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ both had me rereading them.

I appreciate this. Thank you.

@lumosmaxima Beautiful descriptions. I’m loving all of them so much, but the two that struck me upon reading them were Tëgᴀn [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] Mïkël [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]. I had to stop for a minute to clear my mind before reading the next name.

2 Likes
  • Annika Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï - rosy pink and blue-green.
  • Tëgᴀn [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ - yellow and burnt orange.
  • Tëgᴀn [name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ - yellow and rosy pink. like lemonade
  • Ëlvᴀ [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ - orange.
  • Suvi [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ - blue-green and orange (like the colors on your pfp)
  • Elowen [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ - yellow.
  • Matthew [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Oren[/name_m] - dark blue and orange.
  • Sebastian Mïkël [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] - blue-green.
  • Sebastian [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] - blue and orange.
  • Sebastian [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] - dark blue.

And for individual names:
pink: [name_f]Annika[/name_f], Örëstïnᴀ
blue-green: Älᴀnï, [name_f]Suvi[/name_f], Mïkël
orange: [name_f]Autumn[/name_f], Wïnïkᴀ, Ëlvᴀ, [name_m]Oren[/name_m], [name_u]Micah[/name_u]
yellow: Tëgᴀn, [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_u]Lee[/name_u]
blue: [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u], [name_m]Mark[/name_m]

1 Like

@acajou Thank you. I love the visuals I’m getting with these, especially lemonade and my pfp (I had to double check as I couldn’t remember what it was for a moment). The individual names are great as well… I never knew so many could be orange or blue. :smiley:

I have colour hearing/grapheme synaesthesia to give it it’s psych term! The colours don’t change according to your combos, but here’s how I see them:

[name_f]Annika[/name_f] - ivy green

White leading into lemon yellow

[name_u]Green[/name_u] - A blue-green.

[name_u]Tegan[/name_u] - light green

A warm yellow
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] green leading into nut brown

[name_m]Black[/name_m] with yellow sparkles which are the i’s
[name_f]Suvi[/name_f] is bright white like lit magnesium leading into yellow. I’m sure this is part of the reason I find [name_f]Suvi[/name_f] a stunning name!
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] - yellow with white in the middle (where the O is)

[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] is black with ivy green in the middle
[name_u]Lee[/name_u] is sky blue
[name_m]Oren[/name_m] is pale nut brown with a burst of white coming from the O.
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is white
Mikël is black but the k is violet
[name_u]Bodhi[/name_u] is brown
[name_u]Micah[/name_u] is black, white, ivy green
[name_m]Mark[/name_m] is black, then brown with a subtle purple k mostly overridden by the dark M.

1 Like

Annika Örëstïnᴀ Älᴀnï- [name_f]Coral[/name_f] pinks and golds (I think of sunsets on the beach)
Tëgᴀn [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ- [name_u]Light[/name_u] blues with mixes of greens and teals
Tëgᴀn [name_f]Annika[/name_f] Örëstïnᴀ- [name_u]Bright[/name_u] sunflower yellow with a bronze-y type orange
Ëlvᴀ [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ- Dark purples with mixes of beige and emerald green
[name_f]Suvi[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ- [name_u]Silver[/name_u] and slate blue
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_f]Autumn[/name_f] Wïnïkᴀ- [name_u]Bright[/name_u] grass greens with yellow and hints of blue (very summery colors)
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] [name_m]Oren[/name_m]- [name_u]Stark[/name_u] White with sky blue and red-orange
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] Mïkël [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]- [name_u]Teal[/name_u] with dark greys and baby blues
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]- [name_u]Teal[/name_u] with fire engine red
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Mark[/name_m] [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u]- [name_u]Teal[/name_u] with a cobalt blue and a slight lavender color

1 Like