Names like Amelia?

He’s vetoed Madeline, Lillian, Adeline, and Eloise unfortunately! In his defense, Madeline is common and Lillian/Lily sounds awful with our last name (Langley - too many L’s!) Catherine is actually my name and the one we both love but I really want to give my daughter her own identity since I traditionally go by Catherine (as opposed to Cat, Cate or Catie). We want to use it as a middle, which I think works well with Amelia. We didn’t like the way Anthony and Adeline/Addie sounded together, either, and Eloise (as well as Sylvia) was a bit too old-fashioned for us. Mary is a name of girl neither of us are too fond of, so we axed that one too. So many good choices gone!

Firstly, thank you! I’m so glad you like the other names. They’re all very special to me. And secondly I never thought of [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] for [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]… interesting idea! I’ll run it by him.

From your list I adore [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f].

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Emma[/name_f] were too common, and we didn’t like the nickname options (or lack thereof), so we cut them. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] was the name of both of my HORRID roommates freshman year of college (my boyfriend knew them too and hated them) and he refuses to disassociate with them and use it. It’s pretty common anyway but I think it sounds so lovely with [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] as a middle as well our last name [name_u]Langley[/name_u].

I also loved [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]/[name_u]Mattie[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] but he hates them and thinks they’re old fashioned! I never loved [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as much as I wanted to but I think it fits well and it’s still on our list!

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] was my #1 I think it is SO sweet and so perfect, even for how short it is. I couldn’t find a full name that I liked (beside [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], and everyone said people would confuse [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] not [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]), and again, he didn’t like it! I’m not giving up on it though… [name_f]Nora[/name_f] might win after all!

I really love the idea of Lee (I could even spell it Li) and Mi could work too!

I wanted desparately to use Alexandra with the middle name Mae. I thought it was precious! But I knew a set of brothers named Anthony/Tony and Alex (they were my neighbors growing up and they were atrocious! They threw human poop in our yard and our dog rolled in it ”) I’d hate saying their names together if I picked Alex… and Lexi was the name of a dog I lost to cancer when I was about 17, so I couldn’t bring myself to name my daughter after my dead dog.

Isabella was another one I pined for but I didn’t like Izzy and thought Ellie and Bella were a bit too close together to use. My boyfriend was highly fond of it, either. I know it’s a name that’s pretty high on my brother and wife’s list also and that they’ve loved it for awhile (she’s preggers now but they’re not founding out the gender) so I’d hate to make them feel awkward about using it by suggesting it as a name for my own baby.

I still really really really love Josephine/Josie but again my boyfriend didn’t. I also have an uncle named Joe whom is my dad’s brother and they were on the outs for awhile. I know my dad is still sensitive about his relationship with his brother after all these years so I wouldn’t want to make him uncomfortable thinking I named my daughter after him. (Not that he would but my dad is not a sensitive person, so when he DOES feel sensitive it’s wildly out of character and about seemingly normal things. He isn’t very good at sharing either, so he likely wouldn’t tell me and just fester and stew about it silently until she was born and he feel in love with her!)

[name_f]Alia[/name_f] for a nn
names that sound like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]:
[name_f]Emmalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Abalina[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Camillia[/name_f]

[name_f]Emalina[/name_f] Rosmund
[name_f]Abalina[/name_f] [name_f]Kathleen[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmalia[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Camillia[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]