Names like Arwen

I really like the name [name]Arwen[/name] for a girl, but don’t love the whole [name]Lord[/name] of the Rings association. Any suggestions for similar names???
Thanks!

[name]Aedan[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Adlin[/name]
[name]Adrian[/name]
[name]Afton[/name]
[name]Aislinn[/name]
[name]Alden[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Aspen[/name]
[name]Avalon[/name]

[name]Anwen[/name]

Go to search for names. Check the box for girls and put “wen” in the box for name endings. Then you can see a list of girls’ names that end in “wen”.

I think [name]Anwen[/name] is my favorite. Totally different ending, but I also love [name]Ailsa[/name].

[name]How[/name] about [name]Olwen[/name]?

Eirwen

It’s a variation of the scandinavian and welsh name “[name]Eira[/name]” (pronounced eye-ra) which means “snow”.

This is pretty! There’s also Arien or Aelin (AY-linn). Good luck!

P.S. I love the name [name]Arwen[/name], and LOTR.

[name]How[/name] about…

[name]Branwen[/name] or [name]Bronwen[/name]
[name]Aeronwy[/name] (air-ON-oo-ee)
[name]Seren[/name] (SAIR-en)

I agree with [name]Anwen[/name], beautiful name, beautiful meaning!

If you’re looking for a more obscure LOTR name (not sure if you’re a fan, just thought I’d throw this in), you might want to try “[name]Elanor[/name]”, it means “[name]Star[/name] [name]Sun[/name]” in Sindarin (language that Tolkien made up). In the book, Samwise Gamgee names his first daughter this. It is a flower of the elves. I happen to love it, it doesn’t have such a strong LOTR (not that I mind the association, LOTR nerd here!). It’s pronounced just like ‘[name]Eleanor[/name]’, and the spelling is pretty straightforward so there’s no trouble with people getting it wrong.

I hope that this helped, or at least you found it interesting!

Goodluck!

There’s also [name]Wynn[/name]. I really love [name]Bronwen[/name] and [name]Anwen[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

First of all i dont think the lord of the rings connection is a bad thing but how about [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Bronwen[/name] [name]Arran[/name] [name]Erin[/name] [name]Arden[/name]

[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
Avielle

[name]Ardith[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Waverly[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name]

I love the name Elowen. [name]Arden[/name] also comes to mind.

[name]Arwen[/name] is so close to a Welsh name I’m not sure it isn’t one.
https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/03/31/welsh-names-beyond-gwyneth-and-griffin/
Aelwen looks the most Tolkienish of them.

These are some names I found when I was writing and loved them for characters/places that had a Welsh/Celtic feel.

[name]Arianwen[/name]- one of my favorites, though I never used it.
[name]Anwar[/name]- yes, it’s a boy’s name but it means “shafts of light” which is very pretty.
Aimery- a name I made up.
[name]Arran[/name]- another male name, but unisex sound.
[name]Amarantha[/name]- kind of a mouthful, but it’s a mythical plant name that I always thought was kind of beautiful.

I thought- [name]Auden[/name], [name]Aisling[/name], [name]Arden[/name], [name]Aidan[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name]. Also- [name]Wendy[/name], Renner, [name]Warner[/name], [name]Warren[/name], I know they are boys names, but [name]Arwen[/name] might need a brother!

If thats the name you love, it’s the name you love, if you only hate the association just let it be, if that’s what you name her those you love will see her as [name]Arwen[/name], they won’t say “Aw, you named her for LOTR!” she’ll just be [name]Arwen[/name] because that is who she is! :slight_smile: [name]Hope[/name] I helped!