Names like August and Sunday

I have been wondering… With names like [name]August[/name] and [name]Sunday[/name], are you only supposed to name them that if they’re born in [name]August[/name] or on a [name]Sunday[/name]? Or is it more the opposite and you should only name them that if they aren’t born in [name]August[/name] or on a [name]Sunday[/name]?

What do people think?? Are there any rules??

It’s tricky, isn’t it? I wouldn’t really hesitate to use [name]June[/name] for a first or middle, but it does seem strange to use [name]January[/name] or [name]November[/name] - but I can’t decide if it’s more strange to use [name]January[/name] if she is born in [name]January[/name] or if she isn’t!!

There are no rules, but in my personal opinion, I would only name a child [name]Sunday[/name] or [name]August[/name] if they’re NOT born during those times. Otherwise, they may feel like they were only named that because you couldn’t come up with anything better, and those names were handy and seemed to fit. But that’s just me, of course.

[name]August[/name] has a long history not necessarily associated with the month, so that’s ok, but with the others, I think it depends on the circumstances. It’s be weird to be named [name]April[/name] when born in [name]November[/name], but if you really love Great-Aunt [name]April[/name] and wanna name the kid after her, that seems like an extremely good reason.