Names like Christopher?

Hey berries!

I’m trying to add to my boys’ list, and I really like [name_m]Christopher[/name_m]. However, I don’t like the nickname [name_u]Chris[/name_u] because of its popularity, and I know that the nickname is sadly inevitable. It’s really a lovely name, though!

Which names are similar in style? So far on my list, I have [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], and [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Levon[/name_m]. I’ve been considering [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], as well.

Thank you! :smiley:

You could always go with the nickname “[name_m]Topher[/name_m]” for [name_m]Christopher[/name_m], like [name_m]Topher[/name_m] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] does.

Matthew
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u]
[name_m]Aaron[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]
[name_u]Austin[/name_u]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_u]Jackson[/name_u]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Steven[/name_m]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]

1 Like

There is [name_m]Topher[/name_m] which could work. Another one could be [name_u]Christian[/name_u]… I feel the nn [name_u]Chris[/name_u] is less likely with this name.

2 Likes

Good point! This is an amazing list. I love [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucas[/name_m], especially. Thank you!

I actually just looked up every possible nickname for [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] because my husband suggested his dad’s name for a son, and I can’t stand it :sweat_smile:

But, the nicknames I liked, that were different, were [name_m]Kester[/name_m], [name_m]Kitt[/name_m] and [name_m]Risto[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband hates them all though, so hopefully maybe better luck for you.

I also really liked names like [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] or [name_u]Sam[/name_u] or [name_m]Gregor[/name_m]. Maybe these will help?

1 Like

Kitt is such a sweet nickname. It’s a shame your husband didn’t go for it! [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] is very sweet and pairs well with just about anything; I definitely like it. [name_m]Ty[/name_m]!

1 Like

Christopher is so underrated!

Suggestions…
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonard[/name_m]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]

1 Like

Love [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]!

Aaron
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Tolliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Andreas[/name_m]

1 Like

Peter is lovely!

Andreas and [name_m]Evander[/name_m] are amazing. [name_m]Ty[/name_m]!

Kit, [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_m]Topher[/name_m] would all work as an alternative nickname to [name_u]Chris[/name_u].

1 Like

Good point! They’re very cute.

1 Like

I don’t think [name_u]Chris[/name_u] is inevitable. [name_u]Kit[/name_u] is a much more stylish nn for [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] that you could opt for if you like. :slight_smile:

Let’s see… [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] was definitely my first thought, and [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] is a good one. Others that come to my mind (sorry for any repeats):
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Richard[/name_m]
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]

1 Like

Jonathan is one I’m really liking! [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is a name I really used to love (now replaced with [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]), but I definitely would enjoy it as a middle. [name_m]Ty[/name_m]!

1 Like

I know I’m repeating other people’s suggestions, but just count it as a second vote :wink:

I’ve actually considered this very question before! This is the exact list I made one week ago :joy:

Christopher
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]

1 Like

I’m really loving [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]! It’s so sweet and so noble. Thanks for the list!

Jon [name_u]Snow[/name_u] = [name_u]Kit[/name_u] Harington = sold me on [name_u]Kit[/name_u]! :heart_eyes:

Nathaniel or [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]?

1 Like

I have a soft spot for [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] :slight_smile:

That too is why I wouldn’t name my son [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] although I love it and it was the name of my great great grandfather. [name_f]My[/name_f] friend has a [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] who is always [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] so sometimes that can happen.

Oh, [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is a great name. I like [name_m]Issac[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u].

I think [name_u]Timothy[/name_u] and [name_m]Pascal[/name_m] and [name_m]Clement[/name_m] are beautiful names. In fact, if I had triplet boys…

Good luck!

1 Like