names like Kevin and Jason

See the results of this poll: Are these types of names too old?

Respondents: 55 (This poll is closed)

• too old : 15 (27%)
  • it’s ok : 36 (65%)
  • love it: 4 (7%)

They’re both too dated for me, sorry. I mean, I think there are some names that are dated but still appeal to me (like [name]Rachel[/name], [name]Chelsea[/name], and [name]Jeremy[/name]), while others were never huge favorites of mine, so they just have the dated feel ([name]Danielle[/name], [name]Kevin[/name], [name]Paul[/name], etc.). I have liked [name]Jason[/name] in the past, probably due to a literary association (not the mythological one), and the meaning “healer”, but it feels a bit too dated for me to really use it anymore, even though I do like it and have good associations with it. I’d like to think [name]Jace[/name] is a nice modern take on [name]Jason[/name], but it just feels too modern and trendy for me. I think both could work–I just wouldn’t use them personally.

I voted “its ok” because to me [name]Kevin[/name] is definitely too dated to use, but I love [name]Jason[/name]! I have considered [name]Jason[/name] for my own list several times! In the end I never love it enough to add but I love it and would love to see it used :slight_smile:

I like them. They are a bit dated so I chose the “it’s ok” option, but I have very good associations with these names (by way of some good friends). The great thing about the names is they are definitely masculine, easy to pronounce and spell, very recognizable, not too popular, and have good meanings. That is a hard combination to come by these days.

I don’t think you can call them dated… they’re both still in the top 100. They’re too normal for my tastes, but they aren’t dated at all, they’re classic.

I voted too old but actually I don’t think they are old enough. They are solid names that will come back into style but to me I don’t think they are quite there yet…

My hubby LOVES [name]Jason[/name] though so maybe I am wrong! There certainly isn’t anything wrong with them just NMS.

Are you into [name]Jason[/name] [name]Gillespie[/name]? He isn’t really my type but I have a friend who thought he was hot LOL.

The reason I’m asking is that I met a 4-year-old named [name]Jason[/name] and before I always associated it with someone older but I think it definitely works. ([name]Jason[/name]'s best friend is [name]Mason[/name] which I think is cute).

They are so much better spelled Cckkeevvyykknn and Guijuaysenne!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Jason[/name], don’t like [name]Kevin[/name].

If I met a kid named [name]Kevin[/name] or [name]Jason[/name] today, I wouldn’t think “wow, 80s name,” but I wouldn’t think of them as trendy/current the way I would with, say, [name]Aiden[/name] or [name]Jackson[/name] or [name]Finn[/name] etc., and I don’t think of them as classic like [name]Charles[/name] or [name]David[/name].

If my daughter had been a boy, his name would have been [name]Jason[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]! I also like [name]Kevin[/name], for his Irish historical connections.

Sort of neutral on [name]Kevin[/name], neither love it nor hate it.

[name]Jason[/name] is a great name, too bad it was a bit overused in the 70’s/80’s. That is why you have concerns about it being dated. However, I don’t feel it’s that dated. It’s too much of a classic name (think ancient Greece, [name]Jason[/name] and the Argonauts) but still modern ([name]Jason[/name] [name]Bourne[/name] from the [name]Bourne[/name] movies.)